cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Takena 2265 EX

plgamble
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, We have a Chalet XL 1935, and, sticking with the brand, are looking to upgrade to a Takena 2265 EX. There are no stocking dealers here in the Denver area, or anywhere in Colorado. We would like to take a look, before ordering blind. Does anyone out there have one willing to show? Potential travel to parts of Wyoming, most of Colorado, parts of Oklahoma and Texas, etc. Any help, or any other input about this model would be a great help! Thanks! phil
4 REPLIES 4

seaeagle2
Explorer
Explorer
downtheroad wrote:
Welcome to the Forum...
Just wondering....why are you absolutely stuck on that brand? There are certainly many manufactures out there with similar or exactly the same floor plan, features, and specs....

Just wondering.

Everybody is biased about their brand and I'm no different we have a Tankena 1860, and the workmanship is very good, they use the same cabinets they use in their $50,000 truck campers, mostly wood and plywood not particle board cabinets, square drive screws in the storage compartments not staples. If I was going to get a bigger trailer, I'd look for another Takena too.
2014 F 250 Gasser
2019 Outdoors RV 21RD
"one life, don't blow it", Kona Brewing
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life there'd be a shortage of fishing poles" Doug Larson

plgamble
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, We will be in Spokane in June, but we want to have this done already. Might think about coming up with the Chalet, and trying to sell within a week or so and bringing the Takena back, seems risky. Would a 2011 1935 XL sell pretty easy up in the nw?

On the Takena, here's the wish list! walk around bed, 2 door fridge, slide dinette, 2 axle, under 22 feet, and sticking with 84 wide. (driving preference and storage limitation). There are quite a few 96 wide similar, and maybe nicer, and a few 90 wide, but the 84 wide field is slim.

Thanks so much for the replies. Any more advice, send it on, please!

Phil

DarthMuffin
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2265 but am up in Eastern WA so probably too far to show. But feel free to shoot me a PM with any questions. It's been a good trailer so far and we really like it!

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the Forum...
Just wondering....why are you absolutely stuck on that brand? There are certainly many manufactures out there with similar or exactly the same floor plan, features, and specs....

Just wondering.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro