cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TC with truck bed storage

henrys
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking for a camper that does not dip into the truck bed area ( which I would like to use for storage). Does such a thing exist? I'm guessing its pretty rare since I can't seem to find one, but maybe I'm using the wrong keywords.

Some background: I need to store large art canvases with oil paint and all the associated chemicals that go along with it in the bed. I've considered a pull behind TT but that would limit the places I can reach. I would also like to retain the hitch receiver so I can put my motorcycle on the back of the truck. I'm not looking to live in the camper full time so maybe a bed mounted tent is what I'm after. I just need it for 1-2 week excursions with room for two. Any advice would be appreciated!
22 REPLIES 22

henrys
Explorer
Explorer
NewportNic wrote:
You could look at putting a Drawer unit in the bed first, then set the camper on top. These can be purchased through work truck outfitters like... http://www.navahosystem.com/

So its not a problem for the camper to sit a little higher on top of that box? If so that looks like a good solution.

1995brave wrote:
Are you looking for a truck cap like this one from ***Link Removed*** or ***Link Removed*** ?

I was hoping for something with more room than that. I really like the idea of a TC, I just need storage outside of the camper (because of the chemicals).

NewportNic
Explorer
Explorer
You could look at putting a Drawer unit in the bed first, then set the camper on top. These can be purchased through work truck outfitters like... http://www.navahosystem.com/

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
I bought a camper with quite a bit of storage. I also have a crew cab and use the back for storage. If I needed more I guess the next step would be a cargo trailer.

hedge
Explorer
Explorer
Closest thing I've seen to that is a tent on top of a sled deck, not sure I'd want to mount a camper on top of one though.
2017 F350 Platinum DRW
2013 Adventurer 89RB

henrys
Explorer
Explorer
work2much wrote:
So the camper would sit on the bed rails?

That was the idea in my head. You'd lose some head room I guess but gain storage.

There are campers with very large basements.

Ah, that might be the ticket if I can find one with a fairly large storage area.

1995brave
Nomad
Nomad
Are you looking for a truck cap like this one from Leer or A.R.E ?

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
So the camper would sit on the bed rails?

There are campers with very large basements.

2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

maddog348
Explorer
Explorer
WOW !!!! Never have seen that. JM2¢