cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tent fans (small battery fans)

rangerjean
Explorer
Explorer
The sleeping area of our TT gets kind of stuffy even with the windows open. I am thinking about a small fan just for nightime. We do not have a generator and usually boondock so no power available. I am wondering if anyone has used these (tent fans) and how long the batteries last when run all night
11 REPLIES 11

CincyGus
Explorer II
Explorer II
And another O2Cool fan fan here. Buy rechargeable batteries for it or if you have enough batteries on your camper, just run it on those with a power port adapter.
2015 GMC 2500 Denali Crewcab 4x4
2019 Forest River Wolfpack 23pack15

Hope your travels are safe and the friendships made camping are lasting.

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for O2Cool.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
What about a small deep cycle battery and small inverter then use ac fans?

D cells are what, $1-$1.50 each?
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
get a lithium battery it,ll run for days.

Jayco23FB
Explorer
Explorer
maddog348 wrote:
We use 02COOL all different sizes ~~ Battery or a/c adapter. Works for us.

JM2¢ ~~ YMMV

X2 we have a large one that runs on D cell batteries it runs for a long time. Great for dry camping. We also have the small ones that we keep on the night stand in the TT. They run all night and also last a long time. Great product.
Jayco G2 23FB
2007 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.0L

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
We too use the O-2 CooL fans AMAZON-WALMART...

They use 12VDC, 120VAC ADAPTER, and also has D-CELLS inside… works for long time off of internal batteries...

Have one for each of the two TENT BEDS with our off-road POPUP camper...

Google image

This has a 10 or 11 Inch fan and is whisper quiet... ALso perfect size to sit behind the low profile OIL FILLED Portable heaters we use all the time to blow warm air around the room...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm a dry camper/boondocker too. Why not investigate a solar system to make running a fan, TV, lights etc. easy?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
A dog crate can will run about 3 days if you forget to turn it off. They cost about $15 and are very quiet.

rangerjean
Explorer
Explorer
arent you worried about running down your battery?

maddog348
Explorer
Explorer
We use 02COOL all different sizes ~~ Battery or a/c adapter. Works for us.

JM2¢ ~~ YMMV

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
we use fans similar to these while dry camping.
12 volt fans

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker