cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

testing water pump???

al7601
Explorer
Explorer
New to us 2008 jayco camper that we'll be winterizing soon with antifreeze.
I was looking for the water pump, was told it was under kitchen sink, ended up being under bathroom sink.

My question is will it make noise just by hitting the switch on the panel? It didn't make any noise when I hit the switch on the panel.

We are on a full hook up site and never used it before. There also isn't any water in fresh water tank. We've always had full hook up. There is a bypass installed by hot water heater and water pump that I did not mess with yet.
17 REPLIES 17

rbpru
Explorer II
Explorer II
As mentioned it is possible to have the pump pressure switch off if you are hooked to an outside water source. As also mentioned it could be a fuse.

There is no doubt when our pump runs.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

al7601
Explorer
Explorer
just wanted to update everyone that there wasn't anything wrong with the pump. Once I got the antifreeze to it and turned the faucet on, it worked.

thanks

Bucky_Badger
Explorer
Explorer
al7601 wrote:
New to us 2008 jayco camper that we'll be winterizing soon with antifreeze.
I was looking for the water pump, was told it was under kitchen sink, ended up being under bathroom sink.

My question is will it make noise just by hitting the switch on the panel? It didn't make any noise when I hit the switch on the panel.

We are on a full hook up site and never used it before. There also isn't any water in fresh water tank. We've always had full hook up. There is a bypass installed by hot water heater and water pump that I did not mess with yet.

NO the pump won't usually make noise when you turn on the switch. The pump comes on when you open a faucet when not connected to city water supply
2010 F150 5.4, 3.55, 4x4, Equli-z-er Hitch
2007 Forest River Salem 27RB LE
and
2009 Nomad 3980

STBRetired
Explorer
Explorer
Does not hurt the pump to run it dry. Amazon is usually cheaper than CW. Many are Prime eligible so you can have one delivered in 2 days. As mentioned before, turn off the city water connection and open a faucet. You can usually hear the pump run. Can definitely feel it run if you touch the pump.
1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

rbpru
Explorer II
Explorer II
You can make an adapter hose to go from the pump to a bottle of RV antifreeze. I used sprayer parts from the TSC store that connected directly to the pump.

Do not put antifreeze in the fresh water tank.

Good luck.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

Tyandkate
Explorer
Explorer
No problem if you do find yourself needing a pump I ordered one from camping world for about 75 bucks easy swap out. But hope you don't have to replace.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
If I already have pressure in the lines, like being hooked up to city water, mine will not make any movement of sound at all.

al7601
Explorer
Explorer
thank you everyone for all the tips

12thgenusa
Explorer
Explorer
The pressure switch on the pump is set lower than almost all city water systems. The pump will not come on unless you turn off city water and open a tap.

2007 Tundra DC 4X4 5.7, Alcan custom rear springs, 2009 Cougar 245RKS, 370 watts ET solar, Victron BMV-712, Victron SmartSolar 100/30, 200AH LiP04 bank, ProWatt 2000.

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
Mine will not make noise when I flip the switch. I also need to turn on a faucet.

Tyandkate
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe try putting some water in your fresh tank, shut off the city connector bleed the line to relive some pressure then flip the pump on you will probably hear it run

Tyandkate
Explorer
Explorer
Just had to replace mine on my 07 jayco, if you are connected to a city hook up however if there is pressure on the pump it may not run. I took mine apart to try and repair first and there's a pressure switch in the pump that turns it off and on

_1nobby
Explorer
Explorer
DUPLICATE

_1nobby
Explorer
Explorer
Duplicate