cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

The lance 1030 rebuild is done, just in time

Mote
Explorer
Explorer
Good Morning everyone, I'm happy to report that we got the rebuild of the front of our camper completed. We had some rot around the front window and the front drivers side window. We decided to take out the front window in the process of the rebuild We're quite happy with how everything turned out. Our trip to Wyoming is coming up in two weeks so we got it done just in time.

I still need to find a decal for the front. Instead of a big Lance decal I think I'll find a nice mountain scene.

The inside we removed the old headboard and build a small 10 inch shelf and installed a USB charger. Should be a good place to plug in the phones at night.

We saw an article on truckcampermagazine of a person who took a sofa out of a 5th wheel and placed it where the dinette was in their truck camper. We've thought about doing that too. We also own a older Keystone Cougar 5th wheel. After doing some measuring we found the sofa from that camper would fit in place of the dinette in the Lance. So we took the cushions out of the Lance. Then removed the four screws holding the couch to the frame in the Cougar and placed it in the Lance. It's a great way to see if we like it without having to spend any money.

Today I'm going to Lowes to find some snap together laminate flooring to cover up the yellowed vinyl.
2005 Dodge 3500
2001 Lance 1030
2006 Cougar 29RL
21 REPLIES 21

Itchey_Feet
Explorer
Explorer
A lot of work, looks nice. Wave as you go by our house here in Wyo.
My feet are fine as long as they are traveling.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Job well done!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

kohldad
Explorer
Explorer
Great job.

On the couch, reason I wouldn't do that is because I love to sit and see out the window. Just food for thought as you sit there and enjoy your cheap experiment.

For the flooring, I used a piece of carpet cut to fit. Can't sweep it but I can easily take it out to shake it off. Advantage of carpet is it is warmer on your feet when cold out side.

Good luck with continueing to make the mods to make it fit you.
2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nicely done.

I recommend indoor/outdoor carpeting from a home center. I did not think I would like it because I thought it would get too dirty. We did a 4 month trip with it and it was still relatively clean just from using a whisk broom and an entry mat. After the trip, I pulled it out and gave it a good soap and water cleaning. It looks like new again. I especially liked it when the weather turned cold.

Whammon1
Explorer
Explorer
Looks really nice. Great job!

ardvark
Explorer
Explorer
Great job!

Regarding a decal for the front, we found that most graphic design places that do the decals for windows and signs will do a decal of whatever you want. Kind of pricey, but good quality.

Am curious to see how you like having a couch instead of a dinette.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
looks great. better than new.