cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

There must be a way to do this with a.....2017 Silverado

robertjp
Explorer
Explorer
I am trying to hook up my 4 flat boat trailer plug AND my wire from the camper 7 way to the truck. The truck has a plug for both but once you plug either one in, there is not enough room with the spring door to get the other one in. Is there some kind of work around here so I can use both going down the road? Thank you. Bob

P.S I have a pic but is there no way to post it without it already being on the web somewhere?
37 REPLIES 37

Mortimer_Brewst
Explorer II
Explorer II
Something like this might work
If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization - Robert Noyce

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2019 Coachmen Chaparral 298RLS

Old_Blue
Explorer
Explorer
If it were mine, I would change the boat plug to a 7way plug and just hook up the 4 wires and be done with it...
Bill
Bill
36 Holiday Rambler
Harley Rider

Old_Blue
Explorer
Explorer
If it were mine, I would change the boat plug to a 7way plug and just hook up the 4 wires and be done with it...
Bill
Bill
36 Holiday Rambler
Harley Rider

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
why would you plug both in at once:h

Bedlam
Push the hinge pin out from the connector cover so you have access to both connectors at the same time.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I see what you mean.
But I don't have an answer. ๐Ÿ˜ž

robertjp
Explorer
Explorer
I have both plug sockets (female) on the new truck but there is a spring door in the middle that wont open far enough to plug both in at the same time. ...It one or the other.

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
they sale a adapter that will go from 7way to 4 way