cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timbren vs. Sumo Springs

DieselBurps
Explorer
Explorer
Trying to decide between the two. Right now, I can get by without either but figured I would add either of the two for increased stability. My sag is not that bad, an extra half inch would be nice though.

My sense is that the main difference between the two is the Sumo Springs appear to have more "travel"? Meaning they can compress farther than the Timbrens. I feel like in my situation the Sumo Springs might work better since I don't need a lot of support, just a little, and the extra travel might equate to a little better ride loaded since the Sumo Springs can compress more.

I could be totally wrong about all this. So what is everyones opinion of the SumoSpring vs Timbrens??
15 REPLIES 15

sonuvabug
Explorer
Explorer
I've been running the Sumo Springs for a few years now and I really like them. They do not engage when light loaded and when I load the TC, they do exactly what I need them to do ... provide extra suspension support and cut down on sway. No maintenance was also a big attraction for me. I'm very happy with the Sumo Springs. I got the 2,800 lb. variety. If you search my posts, there is a full write-up.
2007 Adventurer 90fws Truck Camper
2001 FORD F250 SuperCab; 8' box; 4x4, 7.3l diesel, rear Sumo Springs