cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

timbrens

Aka_the_breeze
Explorer
Explorer
I am replacing the air bags on my F-350 and have a question..

My fiver is around 3k pin depending on trip.. The truck squats a little bit when loaded, I was thinking of going Timbren this time around...

Anyone have good-bad experiences?
Are they leveling the truck as stated?

All my weights are in order, so let's not go there.. just purely a leveling helper....
47 REPLIES 47

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
I love being at the mercy of my OE system. Never touch a thing. Always same height either unloaded or with 6k pin weight.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
B.O. Plenty wrote:
I have them on my 2015 Chev dually. I installed them to smooth out the transition from it bouncing on and off the overload leafs. Before I had them it was real harsh when it hit larger bumps. Now it works well. I was told by Timbrens I could try them and if I wasn't satisfied they would take them back. Much nicer than airbags, nothing to mess with. Happy with them.
B.O.

X2

cummins2014 wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
I HAD Timbrens,, I now have AirLift 5000.. Not sure I would go back to Timbren Style... Although, I like the idea of being lazy and not wanting to air up and down each tow...

In cab controls! Air compressor under along with air horns = GOLDEN.

YUP... reached out to Airlift folks to see when they would have fitment info for the 2020, as they are not showing any.

Was debating on putting the wireless in the new truck when it comes in

Wireless is the only way to go , I run the Airlift 72000 Compressor system. No air lines ,electrical etc inside the cab, just the remote control. And the nice thing about it ,not at the mercy of whatever a OE system wants to do. Complete control of air pressure ,ride height etc.

I THINK the newer sets nay have an app on the phone ? That would be nice
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have them on my 2015 Chev dually. I installed them to smooth out the transition from it bouncing on and off the overload leafs. Before I had them it was real harsh when it hit larger bumps. Now it works well. I was told by Timbrens I could try them and if I wasn't satisfied they would take them back. Much nicer than airbags, nothing to mess with. Happy with them.
B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
I HAD Timbrens,, I now have AirLift 5000.. Not sure I would go back to Timbren Style... Although, I like the idea of being lazy and not wanting to air up and down each tow...

YUP... reached out to Airlift folks to see when they would have fitment info for the 2020, as they are not showing any.

Wireless is the only way to go , I run the Airlift 72000 Compressor system. No air lines ,electrical etc inside the cab, just the remote control. And the nice thing about it ,not at the mercy of whatever a OE system wants to do. Complete control of air pressure ,ride height etc.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
ford truck guy wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:

Your new truck should not NEED them but the ride improvement on the bad roads is incredible with them properly set.

That is why I LOVE my Factory Rear Air Ride on my DRW RAM.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

Cummins12V98 wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
ford truck guy wrote:

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Aka the breeze wrote:
With all that said, my truck sits a bit low in the arse when towing.. I wanted to ride level when towing.... Just thinking out loud I guess...

If the rear sets lower than LEVEL air bags to level the truck, it's really that simple.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
IdaD wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
From everything I have read you will NOT be happy going from bags to Timbrens.

With my 11 HO DRW RAM I ran 5psi unloaded with stock like ride. With 4,500# pin added the pressure went up to 30psi and was enough to keep the truck "LEVEL" and setting on overloads as it was designed to be. Rode GREAT!!!

I had in cab controls with separate side controls to make minor adjustments.

Adding bags and Bilstein's made the loaded ride AWESOME!

Too many "THINK" they need to air bags to have trucks rear when loaded at unloaded ride height. BAD way to go.

This. ^^

He read that Timbrens suck, so based on no personal experience you should buy what he owns instead. Hang around here long enough and you'll figure out that whatever this guy owns is the best.

The best, Jerry.

The best.

Reading is fundamental! "From everything I have read you will NOT be happy going from bags to Timbrens."

Carry on!

Aka_the_breeze
Explorer
Explorer
With all that said, my truck sits a bit low in the arse when towing.. I wanted to ride level when towing.... Just thinking out loud I guess...

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:

With my 11 HO DRW RAM I ran 5psi unloaded with stock like ride. With 4,500# pin added the pressure went up to 30psi and was enough to keep the truck "LEVEL" and setting on overloads as it was designed to be. Rode GREAT!!!

Too many "THINK" they need to air bags to have trucks rear when loaded at unloaded ride height. BAD way to go.

This. ^^

He read that Timbrens suck, so based on no personal experience you should buy what he owns instead. Hang around here long enough and you'll figure out that whatever this guy owns is the best.

The best, Jerry.

The best.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

walker111
Explorer
Explorer
Do you even need suspension help? I have 3000 pin and 2017 350 and truck sits level with the spring pack doing what it is supposed to. I lose a whoppin 7 pounds of my front axle when hooked to my toy hauler. My 2012 had one less leaf and still did not need any help with same weight.
I know the 250 has the weaker springs and needs the extra help with that weight.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III