cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

tire pressure

dennyida
Explorer
Explorer
Hi to all from Denny and Ida, Just wanted to throw this question out. I have got 20in destination A\T tires on my dodge ram 1500 and we pull a outback 5th wheel with it. If any one has these tires what pressure do you have them at. Thank you!!!
6 REPLIES 6

45Ricochet
Explorer
Explorer
Pretty sure your Ram 1500 will have passenger tires on it, check the tire sidewall or door pillar for correct weight ratings. Usually, not always, the 5er is not a good match with a 1500 truck because of the heavy pin weight of the fiver. Again not always but usually. We had a 1500 Ram way back when with a Cougar 24.5 fiver. Did alright but I added to the springs and had LT tires on it. The P rated tires are mussy sidewall tires with very little weight carrying capability.
You should go to your tire manufacture web site for load inflation tables if you have scaled weights. If you haven't scaled it hitched up you really are guessing weight. Good luck
2015 Tiffin Phaeton Cummins ISL, Allison 3000, 45K GCWR
10KW Onan, Magnum Pure Sine Wave Inverter
2015 GMC Canyon Toad

Previous camping rig
06 Ram 3500 CC LB Laramie 4x4 Dually 5.9 Cummins Smarty Jr 48RE Jacobs brake
06 Grand Junction 15500 GVWR 3200 pin

ronfisherman
Moved from Class C.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

jadatis
Explorer
Explorer
You realy have to give more details before I can give a balanced answer.
I will copy text I used for other topics , so I wont have to write it again.
But in your case I need the asked data for car and 5th wheeler.

Tirepressure advice is all about load on tire and speed ( and sometimes about alighnment - camber angle).

So if you can give details of car and tires , I can calculate an advice pressure with some reserve for things like, pressure-loss in time, unequall loading R/L, incidental extra load, misreadings of pressure scales,and misyudging of weight, etc.

This is from tires next and can be read from sidewall:
Maximum load or loadindex.
Kind of tire to determine the AT-pressure/pressure needed for the maximum load up to maximum speed of tire, or if lower 160km/99m/h/reference-pressure, wich is not the maximum pressure of tire.
Maximum speed of tire, most given as letter ( Q=160km/99m/h,N=140km/86m/h fi)
If you have offroad or tires looking like that , with large profile blocs that cover a part of sidewall, also mention, they are allowed lesser deflection then a normal road tire, then the tire maker used to determine the maximum load (to my conclusion the case for the Bridgestone tires on Ford Explorer in the Ford/Firestone affaire).
If you cant find all of it give sises of tire and Loadkind, then I will google for it.

From car next and mostly can be found on same plate as the original pressure advices:
GAWR and GVWR ( Gross Axle/Vehicle Weight Rating)
But best would be to determine the real weights in your use on seperate tires or estimate it as acurate as possible, by weighing per wheel(pair) or axle.
Maximum speed , you dont go over for even a minute in your use, eventually different for different situations, for instance when towing or fully loaded.This apart from trafic regulations, if you drive faster then allowed give that speed. Nature punnisches with tire-failure, police only with a penalty.
Give all that and I will calculate and give a picture of one of my filled in spreadsheets in my answer.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Your not going to like the answers. Very likely your OE tires will be overloaded no matter what pressure you run then at. But to answer your question, maximum as listed on the tire sidewalls.

Butch50
Explorer
Explorer
Might get more responses if you asked the Mod to move this to the 5er forum and not have it in the class C forum.
Butch

I try to always leave doubt to my ignorance rather than prove it

2021 Winnebago View

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
What your door sticker says.