cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tires on Camplite 13 qbb

PAB4
Explorer
Explorer
Have posted previously on my intention on purchasing a Camplite 13 qbb. I have a concern. I asked the dealer about the 13 in tires. He said to be honest with you these are not very good tires but should be safe enough for 2 years Huh? Has anyone experienced any issues. If I purchase the trailer I would like to upgrade to a better quality TT tire. Has anyone done this. Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
The Camplite 13 QBB shows a single axle 3000 lb GVWR trailer which equates to 1500 lbs per tire as a minimum.

Maxxis ST8008 has the best rep of all the ST tires at this time across the trailering forums and has a ST185/80-13 C load range at 1460 lbs per tire that will work.

Maxxis also has a commercial grade U-168 Bravo LT5.50R13 in a 80 psi tire at 1480 lbs capacity and a same size 90 psi rated tire at 1610 lbs capacity.
Check your wheels for proper width and pressure ratings for each tire. Both tires are very popular with the overall trailering crowd including RV folks.

Or take a chance on the advertised much improved other ST tires with a nylon belt under the tread.

ST tires are limited to 65 mph. A small 13" tire at that speed is rotating much higher rates than it bigger brothers. Keep the speed down.

The single axle light weight trailer isn't as hard on tires as a heavy multi axle trailer. Many folks go with a 13 "P tire with good success, that has the proper load capacity.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Ask if he will upgrade the tires to something good like a Carlisle. Oh god here we go, now I started some chit.

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
Camplite , though still a young company, has a good reputation for customer satisfaction. If I were you, I'd speak to them directly about what the dealer's telling you. I'm pretty sure they'd like to be made aware that this may be an issue and might want to address it directly.

Then of course there's the possibility that the dealer's just trying to upsell you some "better" tires....as if that ever happens!
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

amxpress
Explorer
Explorer
Your trailer is not heavy, thus the 13" tires.
There are 2 ST tires that come in 13" that are quality tires.
Maxxis M8008 ST tires. http://www.maxxis.com/Industrial/Trailer/M8008-ST-Radial.aspx
Kumho 857 ST tires.
http://www.kumhousa.com/tire/category/truck-suv/7EAB87AD-62DC-4D82-897E-E59335DE416C
I had 13" Maxxis tires on my Jayco with no problems.
Be sure to have the new tires balanced.
2021 Toyota Tundra TRD Off Road double cab
2022 Airstream International 27FB
Blue Ox Sway Pro hitch
M.I.L is self quatanting in Jacksonville Zoo

wrenchbender
Explorer
Explorer
Depending on how much wheel well clearance you have, When replacement time comes try to go with a 14 or better yet 15 in wheels and D rated tires. I went with 15 on my Bigfoot and it feels like the tow is more manageable

gmw_photos
Explorer
Explorer
PAB4 wrote:
Have posted previously on my intention on purchasing a Camplite 13 qbb. I have a concern. I asked the dealer about the 13 in tires. He said to be honest with you these are not very good tires but should be safe enough for 2 years Huh? Has anyone experienced any issues. If I purchase the trailer I would like to upgrade to a better quality TT tire. Has anyone done this. Thanks!

That is another way of saying they are typical cheap, junk ST tires that most of the RV companies fit to campers just to help pad their bottom line profit.
See my comments in the other thread you started if you care to hear my thoughts on it.