cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Toilet leaks when on it

ssemalone
Explorer
Explorer
So, when I sit on the toilet, I can hear the water leaking into the black tank, if I scoot forward on the seat it appears to stop?????
2014 forest river Microlite 23'
6 REPLIES 6

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
ssemalone wrote:
So because it only leaks when I'm on it, that doesn't lead me to believe it's the floor seal, otherwise I would have water on the floor, gas smell, etc. is the toilet flexing and allowing the bowl seal to leak water????

That would be my guess. If you pull the toilet to replace the seal, you might find that the toilet isn't supported properly due to a poor installation or rot of the flooring. Poor support will allow flexing.

ssemalone
Explorer
Explorer
So because it only leaks when I'm on it, that doesn't lead me to believe it's the floor seal, otherwise I would have water on the floor, gas smell, etc. is the toilet flexing and allowing the bowl seal to leak water????

ssemalone
Explorer
Explorer
I just changed the tank seal, I may look at the bowl seal for the floor

DE88ROX
Explorer
Explorer
I just replaced the bowl seal in my TT. The kit came with a floor seal as well. Quick fix, all of 20 minutes. Bought the seal kit at camping world for around $13.00
[COLOR=]TV- 2010 GMC Sierra Z71 EXT. cab
TT- 2012 Starcraft Autumn Ridge235fb

westend
Explorer
Explorer
There is a seal between the bowl and the tank, attached to a flapper. I'd suggest to use a brush to clean inside of the bowl where that flapper seal seats and then pour 2 tbls. of vegetable oil onto the flapper.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

MudChucker
Explorer
Explorer
foot touching the valve ?

floor behind the flange damaged at all ?
2017 Cougar
2015 Ram 3500 Megacab 6.7 Cummins Aisin transmission