cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Torklift Talon Update

youngm357
Explorer
Explorer
As promised I got the complete set of Talon's direct from Torklift delivered last week no strings attached! I will have pictures on a future post. Went out to the air base to the auto hobby shop and got the truck up on the lift. Boy what a dfference that made! I did the last ones 9 years ago in the driveway. The rears went on very easily. The fronts however have the infamous center bolt that has to be fished through an opening in the frame. The fish wire wasn't in the bolt package so I had to use baling wire. My problem is with the bolt/star washer/shim plate assembly. I got it into the frame and then through the mounting bracket but can't get it to tighten up. I called their tech support and was told to loosen the lower bolts and try to apply pressure to the mounting bracket to get the bolt assembly to tighten up but the whole thing still seems to spin inside the frame. Does anybody have any other ideas? It's snug but nowhere near the 50+ pounds of torque they recommend. I did ask them if I could grab the bolt with vice grips and they said yes but I would probably have a hard time if I ever had to remove it.
2 REPLIES 2

youngm357
Explorer
Explorer
Good idea!

Bedlam
Did you try to snug it up with an impact wrench before the torque wrench?

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD