cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trailer security alarm

daddyfarlessa
Explorer
Explorer
I'm about to move to an RV Park and live in a 'Park Model'. I'm going to be storing my Travel Trailer on site (approx. 600 feet away from the dwelling).

I was advised to get a 'driveway alarm' (or something similar) to help protect the trailer. I was told to obtain a unit which has a delay function, so if the alarm is triggered, I would have a few minutes to enter the trailer and deactivate; in the event of a false alarm, etc.

Has anyone heard of such a set-up ? And if so, a referral to a manufacturer would be appreciated.

Thanx for reading . . . Mark
2 REPLIES 2

daddyfarlessa
Explorer
Explorer
Thanx a lot for your reply. I think I'll check out Lowes website and see what they offer.

Thanx again. Mark 8-)

VTR
Explorer
Explorer
Yea, we have a GE remote alarm system, bought it at Lowes 4 or 5 years ago. Look for it online though. Inexpensive really, we are finding here in Colo. the cold temps make it a little wacky, not false alarms, just not being able to set it for the night. The controller was around 35 bucks. A lot of zones, we did the whole house and the trailer parked outside. In fact I need to look on line and get an extension speaker, the alarm in the living room does not wake me upstair. All kinds of things you can hook up, motion sensors, alarms, and more.