cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Flow Tank & Tonneau Cover

Roadtech
Explorer
Explorer
I am getting a 50 gallon across bed Transfer Flow auxillary diesel tank in a 2015 Chevy 2500 truck. It is advertised that it will work under a tonneau cover. I would be interested in hearing from anyone that has this tank with a tonneau cover. What type of cover works best and should the tank be installed first or the tonneau be installed and then the tank.
8 REPLIES 8

ggmac
Explorer
Explorer
Look at Fold-a-Cover it opens at the front so you can fuel up. I have one on a 08 chey
Dulley works great

Dick_641
Explorer
Explorer
I just installed a RDS aux. 69 gal. tank on my 2015 GMC 3500 denali with a bakflip 1 top an no problem.

hl_remington
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Trans Flow 50gal.with a snug top on 350psd works great gives me about 85 gals

mguay
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 50 gal TF in my 2015 with a Tri-Fold GM cover. I had the same setup in my '13 and it works great. The only issue is when you want to fuel the TF tank you need to take the tonneau off.
2007 Volvo VNL 780 D12/Ultra Shift Singled
2017 Smart Fortwo Prime Cabrio
2014 Dynamax Trilogy 3715FB

Roadtech
Explorer
Explorer
rmoparman wrote:
Yes, i have the 50 gal trans flow and the cover is fine. The tank sits low enough.:)

What cover do you have?

rmoparman
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, i have the 50 gal trans flow and the cover is fine. The tank sits low enough.:)

idaho556
Explorer
Explorer
It does it matter which is install first, I have the tuxedo vinyl cover works great,

geotex1
Explorer
Explorer
Best type of tonneau with one IMO is a BakFlip because of the easy access they afford.