Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Travel Lite vs Camplite

PAB4
Explorer
Explorer
Would like suggestions or recomeendations for
Camplite vs Travel lite. I have looked @ the CL13qbb and would like to compareto a TL idea model
Many Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

Vapor_Trails
Explorer
Explorer
If price is not a main issue I'd definitely consider the Camplite. They look really neat.
2018 Ram 2500 CCSB, 4x4, 6.7, 3.42
2019 Grand Designs Momentum 25G
2020 RZR Pro XP Ultimate
A day without fusion is like a day without sunshine.

djsamuel
Nomad
Nomad
We have a Camplite 21BHS and love it. It is very well made, very durable, and easy to tow. Can't say enough good things about it. I would definitely recommend to others.

2013 Camplite 21BHS Trailer, Ram 1500 Tow Vehicle

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
Living in the north, I think I would select the one that will keep me warm. That sure doesn't sound like the Camplite. Everyone always talks about leaks. Leaks are a non-issue if you are an attentive owner. When I bought it new, my bottom of the barrel trailer was a veritable horror story waiting to happen according to the masses around here. A thorough inspection followed by Eternabond and caulk, and 10 years later still no leaks.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

Dtaylor
Explorer
Explorer
Since you ask, I would go with Camplite simply because of their construction
Our Travel Blog

2018 Premier 29RKPR
2014 Ford F-150

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
+1. What makes Travel Lite any different from the many other units built of wood? Naturally they claim their product is better, but any RV with seams can leak at those seams eventually. Wood inside can rot or mold. Filon exterior, if laminated to wood, can delaminate when that wood gets wet. Do they have some sort of magic method for creating seams that never leak?

The Camplite has no wood whatsoever. If water gets in, it could mess up the cushions and mattress, but the structure will remain strong.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
Advance disclaimer:
I've been lusting after the Camplite for a long time, mainly due to its all-aluminum construction.

Since that's a main point for me, I see no real way to compare the conventionally-constructed, composite-sided Travel Lite to the Camplite.
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien