cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Travel trailer camping near Grand Rapids Mn

real4u2c
Explorer
Explorer
Can anyone please tell me where is a good campground with full hook-ups near Grand Rapids MN. My sister in law is getting married in May, and I really don't know the campground scene too well up there at all. Wife's family up there don't camp and are no help to my quest.
So I am reaching to you guys/gals for some help. Thank you in advance
Retired Marine with Retired Navy woman2004 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37 C, Workhorse p32 chassis, 8.1l gas engine.
6 REPLIES 6

real4u2c
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to everyone, We narrowed it down. We got real good choices, as we did not before. We got this wedding for May, and Niagara Falls for September.

Again, Thank you
Retired Marine with Retired Navy woman2004 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37 C, Workhorse p32 chassis, 8.1l gas engine.

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Andy F wrote:
real4u2c wrote:
Can anyone please tell me where is a good campground with full hook-ups near Grand Rapids MN. My sister in law is getting married in May, and I really don't know the campground scene too well up there at all. Wife's family up there don't camp and are no help to my quest.

Making sure your asking about Grand Rapids MN--I saw a response to Michigan and not Minnesota?

We haven't found a lot of choices around Grand Rapids, MN. Back in 2008 we stayed at a little resort, Birch Cove campground, with mostly seasonal sites on Lake Pokegama. Nothing spectacular but it's on Lake Pokegama and it's close to town. We had full hook-ups on a small site lined up among seasonal sites but we were in Grand Rapids for a graduation and didn't spend much time at the campground. Here's a website listing that resort and others.

If we ever stayed in the area again, we'd try the Corp of Engineers campground at the Pokegama dam or this place looked really nice just north of town. Depends what your looking for in amenities.

Good luck!

You say you haven't found a lot of choices but, that first web site you listed shows quite a few. I think your right it depends on what your looking for in amenities.

Andy_F
Explorer
Explorer
real4u2c wrote:

Making sure your asking about Grand Rapids MN--I saw a response to Michigan and not Minnesota?

We haven't found a lot of choices around Grand Rapids, MN. Back in 2008 we stayed at a little resort, Birch Cove campground, with mostly seasonal sites on Lake Pokegama. Nothing spectacular but it's on Lake Pokegama and it's close to town. We had full hook-ups on a small site lined up among seasonal sites but we were in Grand Rapids for a graduation and didn't spend much time at the campground. Here's a website listing that resort and others.

If we ever stayed in the area again, we'd try the Corp of Engineers campground at the Pokegama dam or this place looked really nice just north of town. Depends what your looking for in amenities.

Good luck!
Andy
2018 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 36LA
2012 Keystone Bullet 281BHS-Sold
2008 Toyota Sequoia-Sold
ProPride 3P - what a hitch!-Sold

Nights camped in 2017=42
Nights camped in 2018=32
Nights camper in 2019=30
Nights camped in 2020=17

handye9
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check out this link. There are several campgrounds in that area. Some with full hookups.
18 Nissan Titan XD
12 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Wife and I
Retired Navy Master Chief (retired since 1995)

BillB800si
Explorer
Explorer
Message removed...
Bill B. (S.E. Michigan)
2015 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 4x4 Hemi
2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W

dalenoel
Explorer II
Explorer II
RV Park Reviews has several different ones that are rated from "Great" to "Think Twice Before Reserving".

This link should give you all you need to make a selection.

Two of them have sewer.
03 Monaco Neptune 36PBD DP - 18 Focus Toad
Wife, myself, and Oreo the Malshi