cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Truck mud flaps to protect trailer and truck

BruteForceNewYo
Explorer
Explorer
Installed a set of Duraflap Mud Flaps today.

Front Install [Model FF 2 11]

Rear Install [Model FF 2XL 11]

Install went pretty easy. Removing the and reinstalling the rear support bracket was a little more difficult than I expected. Two rear flaps don't quite line up evenly on both sides, not quite sure why. Overall satisfied with the look and quality of the product.

Truck is a 2015 F-250 CC SB Diesel 4x4 with 20" wheels
10 REPLIES 10

BruteForceNewYo
Explorer
Explorer
Hitching up on Tuesday....will see how they work out

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Get rid of the tube steps and install reg full length running boards. No more******getting thrown onto rocker panels/doors. As for the rear, can add to 1st set of flaps thus making them about 4"-6" longer. Then go w/ Rock Tamer, Ultraguard mud flap that attaches to the receiver. Should pretty much eliminate anything getting onto front of 5er.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cummins12V98 wrote:
RAS43 wrote:
I have Duraflaps on my truck also and like them a lot. However, while they do protect the truck, they are not close enough to the ground to protect the trailer. That is why I have a set of Road Wings on the rear hitch and they work well.

They do sell longer versions.

That is what I have, but they still leave too much of a gap.

TomHaycraft
Explorer
Explorer
Add to your list for consideration, WeatherTech's Mudflap. Price seemed right, no need to drill, figured it was worth it to give them a try.

I installed them on the truck in my signature, happy with the looks, install was as quick and easy as advertised, now to wait for the rainy, muddy day to see how they do!
2013 Silverado 3500HD - Duramax/Allison - CC, long bed, SRW, 2WD
2017 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS - TST 507 TPMS

BruteForceNewYo
Explorer
Explorer
I got the longer flaps for the rear. I don't think I would want them much lower or they would likely be hitting things.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
old guy wrote:
good idea to do that. one of mine fell off two years ago and when we went to Yuma through Utah, the snow piled up behind the truck on the front of the TT. it was bigger than 2 basketballs.

This was interesting!

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
I got some of the longer aftermarket ones from pepboys, no particular name but had the truck logo on them. Went to a large truck stop and got a set of the 12 inch wide anti sail brackets and put them over the flaps which had began to bend due to road winds and stuff. They stay straight now and the little bit of chrome just add a little bling to them.

Do they help yes, but they will still let low objects come out from under them. If too long they will kick up debris, too short they are just for looks.

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
good idea to do that. one of mine fell off two years ago and when we went to Yuma through Utah, the snow piled up behind the truck on the front of the TT. it was bigger than 2 basketballs.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
RAS43 wrote:
I have Duraflaps on my truck also and like them a lot. However, while they do protect the truck, they are not close enough to the ground to protect the trailer. That is why I have a set of Road Wings on the rear hitch and they work well.

They do sell longer versions.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III