cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using King Tailgater for 2 receivers

Westtexgranny
Explorer
Explorer
We are planning on upgrading from our old style tailgater to the King with ability to run two receivers. Does anyone know how I get the signal to both receivers? We have a satellite and a cable input on the trailer,then I have an input inside the main TV area for the main TV and a place to the bedroom. Can I split the signal there or can I use two cables on the satellite and hook one to the cable connection to receive the signal in the bedroom? Thanks for any input in advance. By the way we have a 2014 Windjammer by Fox River if this helps anyone out.
5 REPLIES 5

STBRetired
Explorer
Explorer
My King dish is mounted on the roof. I used the original satellite wiring for the front TV, I ran new coax to the back for the bedroom TV. I can usually, but not always, find a clear path to the satellites.
1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just started looking into this too.

There is a youtube on it as well.

BTW, my coax inside the trailer was not making a good connection due to the thin rv walls bending the coax. sometimes it would work , sometimes not. I ended up putting the wall connector in a separate electrical box and wall mounting it, not a flush mount like the OEM. Doing that offered more room as to NOT bend the coax as much.

https://heartlandowners.org/archive/index.php/t-58711.html

STBRetired
Explorer
Explorer
You need to run 2 coax connections from the dish (which will have two connection points) to the receivers. You cannot use a splitter to turn 1 coax into two. It will also matter which line has the power injector installed. Use your existing coax connection for the "main" connector, Run new coax to the second receiver and connect it to the "aux" connection on the dish. Since DISH uses multiple satellites, the receiver connected to the "main" connection will control what satellite the dish is pointed at, thus limiting what you can watch on the second dish. To watch them all at once, you will need the Traveller from Winegard.
1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
I have the one with one connector and was told that it has to go straight to the receiver for it to work. I think it would be the same for two cable wires, each would have to go to its respective receiver.
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
I have the one with one connector and was told that it has to go straight to the receiver for it to work. I think it would be the same for two cable wires, each would have to go to its respective receiver.
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992