Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIDEO ADDED: Baby It's Cold Outside!

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II

A couple more weeks of this cold, then it's back to the regularly scheduled salt mine.
Rosemary herb garlic pork chops with carrot and gold potatoes for dinner.

Ice Ice Baby!

Cleaning my way out from my camp spot after sitting for 7 days. I need to make my way to a state park dump station 30 miles away. The local dump facility only a couple miles away closed for the season. I might just splurge for some pizza while in Hood River.
29 REPLIES 29

joeshmoe
Explorer
Explorer
woke up this morning, t-stat said 62. Brrrrrr. Had to fire the furnace up.:)
2014 Northwood Wolf Creek 850
2005 Ford F350 SRW SuperCab/LongBed 6.0 Powerstroke
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Torklift Tie Downs/Fastguns/Upper/Lower Stableloads
Rancho 9000's

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II

Baby It's Cold Outside!
12/27/2017
I've been camped for a job
At this location for 8 days
This is the first time I've looked
At the front of the Truck and Camper
I need to break out of this ice age to
Drive a 60 mile round trip to use a
RV dump station
Success Finally at 11:30 PM
That left me 20 minutes for groceries
SUCCESS!

A politician with hands in their own pocket. I'm going to need to see picture proof on that, no photoshop either.

I've been to SF a couple times and when that fog rolls in, the cold permeates.

TxGearhead
Explorer II
Explorer II
I was being a bit sarcastic about the frigid 42F. But yes it is a different kind of cold. I'm about 15 miles from Galveston Bay so maybe it's the damp cold.
Sorta reminds me of Treasure Island Navy base in San Francisco Bay. Like someone said...the coldest winter he ever spent was a summer in San Francisco.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

buta4
Explorer
Explorer
It's so cold here in Massachusetts that a politician from the State House was seen walking with his hands in his own pockets!
Ray

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
Still wearing shorts and flip flops here in the CA. But we will be heading south soon to avoid daytime highs dipping into the 50's.
2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
I have been running a test since 8:00 PM this evening. It is now 9:40 PM. I have two thermometers and set one on the countertop near the sink and foot of the bed which is fairly close to the center of space in the truck camper. I placed the other thermometer on the floor near where my cold feet are. The countertop thermometer is registering 68 F degrees. The thermometer on the floor near my cold feet is registering 48 F degrees. It is currently 32 F degrees outside here in Trout Lake, WA. viewable on Accuweather. There is quite a difference in temperature, 20 F degrees only 4 feet apart within the TC.

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
What a bunch wooseys....lol

The temperature here is stuck at 0 and has been there for a couple days. Actually, 0 has been the high. It's -5 now.

The woodstove is running flat out and the cats and dog are all curled up in front of it. No room for us.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

csh_2088
Explorer II
Explorer II
Had several inches of snow on Christmas Day in Colorado and temperatures were down in the single digits but suppose to warm up to the 40's the next couple of days.

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
A very different type and cold feel up north here in West Michigan by Lake Michigan. 32F here is sweatshirt temps and throw a light weight nylon jacket over it if the wind is blowing hard like over 15mph. That's all we do and have on here in those temps and have lived here for 76 years now.

Wife and I Went down to north Texas several years ago to visit our friends between Christmas and New Years and about froze when the temp hit 30 degrees and had on long underwear under my pants with a heavy sweater on and a sweatshirt over it and my lined zip up nylon jacket with a hood on it too. Just plain BITTER cold!

Gets that same bitter cold feeling like that in Northern Florida also when a cold front goes thru too. A very different cold feeling and not a soul will venture out. The only time in the winter months there are no traffic jams there!
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

TxGearhead
Explorer II
Explorer II
Walked out barefoot in the unheated garage this morning. Looked at the thermometer by my workbench, it was a brutal 58F. I think it was a frigid 42F outside.
I don't see how y'all live up north.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

Photomike
Explorer III
Explorer III
JumboJet wrote:
12F here in NW Arkansas this morning with a forecast of 25F for today's high. Predicting 4F for Sunday night when the Alberta Clipper arrives.

We do what we can to share our cold!!! We call it an Alaska clipper here :B
2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cold is a relative term. It takes some special planning to camp in an RV below about 0 degrees F. It has been in the single digits for about nights in a row here in Nevada. Now it is warmer and it makes me think of a trip to the desert. I will probably wait for some longer day length and go in Feb.

JumboJet
Explorer
Explorer
12F here in NW Arkansas this morning with a forecast of 25F for today's high. Predicting 4F for Sunday night when the Alberta Clipper arrives.

towpro
Explorer
Explorer
here is SE pa, the next time it will stay above freezing for 25 hours looks to be around march 18th 😞
2022 Ford F150
Sold: 2016 Arctic Fox 990, 2018 Ram 3500, 2011 Open Range
Sold Forest River Forester 2401R Mercedes Benz. when campsites went from $90 to $190 per night.