cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

WC840 on my megacab..questions

Vinsil
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all. In the never ending quest to buying another RV we keep going back to a TC like we had before. Some background first.

We (wife and three boys, 10, 7 and 5) have been in many RV's over the years. Both before the kids and as they have grown...TT's, TC, and our last was a toy hauler. We have been looking to replace the toy hauler since our toys have got to large for the last toy hauler...a polaris xp4 1000 and kid quads with a few dirtbikes for us.

Problem we are having is the type of toy hauler to haul all this junk is HUGE. 38-40 foot fivers.

1. My truck is too small for those TH's.2007 2500 4x4 megacab cummins.

2. We like to go other places that make a huge fiver impossible to get into.

We loved our last older TC and even though it is REALLY tight for our large family...we are considering it again. This allows us to pull a flatbed (already have it) and also to boondock like we like to do without the toys sometimes.

We know the Northwood line and really like the Wolf Creek 840 layout.

My questions are....is this too much for my truck? I have e rated toyo mt's on it (285's), 5100 bilstiens, but no other suspension mods. What would I need to make this a possibility with this truck? A new truck is out of the question right now.

What tie down system? Our last truck was a 95 F350 and had stake pocket mounts and turnbuckles...but that truck had a solid thick bed. I don't trust this rams bed for that mount system..

and how about towing the flatbed? 4-5k pounds....

Just need some knowledge before the dealer tries to sell me subpar equipment!

Here is what I'm looking at.

Also what would be a good "deal"? In the past I have done 30 percent off on RV's...is the TC market similar? Any opinions on that?

thanks all willing to listen to advice and opinions!
2017 Ford F-350, crewcab, 4x4, 6.7 diesel.
2016 Thunderjet Luxor 21' limited edition, Yamaha powered.
2016 Wolf Creek 840-SOLD, Arctic Fox 990 ordered.
30 REPLIES 30

billtex
Explorer II
Explorer II
vins...welcome back to TC. Not sure, but I think the megacab bed are too short. Not rated for TC due to COG.
Check the glove box...

Good luck, be safe.

Bill
2020 F350 CC LB
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella
"Good People Drink Good Beer"-Hunter S Thompson