cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDH advice please

sandhills
Explorer
Explorer
Still negotiating with dealer on Heartland North Trail 28BRS that weighs 5180 dry. I'm trying to get them to throw in the WDH and they have a new one that is made by Husky which runs $400 or a used Blue Ox Sway Pro(which he says is top of the line) which is $800 new but since used are selling for $500. Dealer says the Husky will be fine for my trailer since its not very heavy but am thinking about asking for the used. Should I go new or used?

Thanks for any help!
4 REPLIES 4

APT
Explorer
Explorer
Equal-i-zer 4-pt 1000 pound bars $450 shipped brand new. Ask how much this dealer will charge to install a WDH you provide? Or do it yourself. You'll probably have to adjust it afterwards anyway so best to learn how it works!

FWIW, mine towed great behind a dually with no WDH or sway, but both my Suburban and prior F-150 need a WDH.
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)

JJensen79
Explorer
Explorer
I agree that the price of the hitches appears a bit high. Personally I like to buy new components, you never know how that hitch was treated before.

rbpru
Explorer II
Explorer II
When we reached the bottom line on our TT deal, I asked the saleman if he could do better. He offered a new Blue OX hitch to sweeten and close the deal.

Probably a $400.00 adder for him but it was setup and ready to go when we left for home.

Since we left in one of the many a snow storms this year, I susspect the sales had been a little slow.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

handye9
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would take the Blue Ox. It has sway control built in. With the Husky, you will need to buy additional sway control.

They do have their prices a bit high on both hitches. You could buy a new Blue Ox for about 600.00, from one of the online sellers.
18 Nissan Titan XD
12 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Wife and I
Retired Navy Master Chief (retired since 1995)