cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What do you know about CampLite Trailers?

LeBout
Explorer
Explorer
Now and again I enjoy popping onto Craigslist and checking out the RVs that are up for sale and I noticed a new-ish Livin Lite Camp Lite TT for sale. I wasn't familiar with this company. And while it's not a floorplan that my wife and I could use, I went to their website and took their plant picture tour. Honestly, I was kind of impressed. The quality of the pictures was pretty bad, but their construction seems really solid and I just like their design ideas. I was curious if anyone here had any experience with these units or knew something firsthand that you could pass along.

The website is https://www.livinlite.com/.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
2020 Heartland Wilderness 2500RL
2013 Ford F-150 3.5L Eccoboost Supercrew 4x4, Max tow package
2 Honda 2000 watt Generators
Eastern Oregon, USA

Our Trailer
Our Floorplan
Days camped so far in 2020: 0
5 REPLIES 5

djsamuel
Nomad
Nomad
LivinLite is still in production but is still rumored to end in July.

We have a 2013 21BHS and its been great. We tow it with a Ram 1500 and have been around the country with it. Tows great and is as solid as the day I bought it. Everything inside is integral to the welded aluminum frame, including the cabinets. We have the aluminum floor and really like it as well as the aluminum roof. The 2018 models have the composite flooring but it is a bit different from the flooring of other manufacturers. Livin Lite's flooring has no wood, and also has aluminum tubing inside for strength. People I know that have the new floor like it so far.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy one, new or used. Thor's still honoring the two year warranty, and all of the components inside are industry standard manufacturers and parts are available.

Check out aluminumcamperforum.com

2013 Camplite 21BHS Trailer, Ram 1500 Tow Vehicle

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are they still in business ? As of Feb 2018, I was told Thor is closing the doors in June.

What I remember was that they can be a cold camper if you use them in cold temps. All that aluminum transfers cold, not sure how hot weather affects it.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
All LivinLite Trailer used to have aluminum floors. Now, it is only the toy haulers.

While 5/8"-3/4" tongue and groove floors are the "industry standard" IMHO, it is a weak spot in their design. If a leak occurs, water will rot the floor. You can "patch" parts of a rotten floor, but is is nearly impossible to replace it, side to side.

jim1632
Explorer
Explorer
CampLite TT and Truck Campers are now produced by Thor, I believe.

I have a small (less than 6 foot) camper on the back of my Dodge Dakota. It is an early model, from 2011, with minimal amenities. It has been a good camper with no problems thus far. I looked at trailers when I purchashed the camper. Trailer and camper construction seemed the same.

Not sure about current model quality, as I have not seen one lately. Lots of people admire my camper as it is pretty impressive in its simplicity and durability.

Canplite is a good choice if you are compiling a shopping list.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Livin' Lite has been around for a while now, several years. I've not heard anything negative about their campers or truck campers. Their all aluminum frame makes them very light weight campers and can be towed easily by smaller vehicles. That's their greatest attraction.