cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's in a name?

AnnMarie
Explorer
Explorer
As a new owner, I've been researching and reading everything I can get my hands on (found that reading an owner's manual may cure my insomnia better than anything else).

One of the things I've noticed is that many people have named their trailer. I always thought it would be awesome to name my home, like you see in the UK. I've just never not come up with a name that fits. Perhaps I'll have better luck with my RV.

So, does your RV have a name? If so, what's the name and the story behind it.
70 REPLIES 70

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
DW named our TT Matilda. So, I had to make it into an acronym. Mobile Apartment That I Love Dragging Around

Truck is named BAT... Big AZZ Truck

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

nohurry
Explorer
Explorer
Our last trailer was a Komfort, so we called it the "Komfort station". It was an old, and small, at 16'. Our new one was so much bigger ,and nicer the DW named it "The Hilton". Truck is blue, and I named it "Babe", after Paul Bunyon's ox.
Carl
2007 National RV, Sea Breeze

crazyro
Explorer
Explorer
Our truck is Meg (MegaCab) and the camper is Stella (ya know, star). We're the weird ones... Ha.
My old car was Mrs. Red. Guess what color she was. Very original...

jesseannie
Explorer
Explorer
Because we have lived in our trailer for a while while on the road and between houses, it became known as *The Little House* our dog who loves to camp knows what that means and gets excited when we talk about going to the little house.

Jesseannie

Explorer II
Explorer II
Our FW is the Roll'N Condo. We are "travelers" rather than "campers".

Our homestead is the Cebolla Ranch. Wild onions were growing everywhere when we bought the property.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
The Love Shack.

remind me to be careful where I sit should you ever invite me over
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
K Charles wrote:
I had a cow named miheffa, long story, a cat named cat and a dog named puppy. The F150 is the pickup, we call her car her car and mine my car. The camper, and we've had several kinds, has always been the camper.
Same here - always called our different RVs "the camper". Got us into trouble now though since we have 2. We're always struggling over which one we're talking about. Names can be good. 🙂

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

K-9_HANDLER
Explorer
Explorer
All my family members have names and half of them dont come when I call
Camping near home at Assateague National Seashore with our wild four legged friends

K-9_HANDLER
Explorer
Explorer
I call mine "paid for"
Camping near home at Assateague National Seashore with our wild four legged friends

K-9_HANDLER
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
The Love Shack.

I like it

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
I do not name my TT,truck or anything else, I only name items and things that can come to me when I call 🙂
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
The Love Shack.

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
We call the truck the Big White Thing and the 5TH wheel the Bigger White Thing.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
“A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” Lao Tzu

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
Only your RV can decide if it should have a name - if it wants one, it will come to you; if it doesn't, nothing will fit.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

OldShu
Explorer
Explorer
USA Enterprise because it is the vessel we are discovering the Good 'ol USA in.
'17 Lance 1475 w/160 w solar, Grp 31 Deep Cycl Trojan, Tire Traker TPMS, Prog. Ind. EMS-PT30C

'17 Ridgeline RTL AWD Equalizer 600/6000

Living the dream Thanks! How about you?