cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What should I do?

jungleexplorer
Explorer
Explorer
Okay, here is my situation. I can't find the TT I want here in Texas, because the simply do not exist here. I am looking for a used Outdoor RV TT in a bunkhouse model. The only place I can find these is in the Northwestern states of Washington, Oregon and Idaho, mostly. There are a few scattered around some other states, but not in the models I want. Now, I was already planning on going up to Washington (via Arizona and California) to visit friends (which is what I wanted the trailer for), so I am headed to the right area, but I have a lot of traveling to do before I get there. I will be looking for what I want along the way as well.

So here is my problem and my question. I traded for a small 2013 Jayco Swift with my mom and dad that they did not need. So now I have something to use until I find the TT I want along the way or up north. But now I have a new problem. How do I work the title transfer? If go ahead and transfer the title into my name in Texas, it will be three weeks to a month before I get the new title back; which will be too late for me since I will be back in Texas by then.

So what do I do? My intention, is to trade this Jayco in on the TT I want once I get up to where there are some to look at. But can I do that if the title is not in my name? I have the title signed by my father, but will a dealer accept a signed title, if it is not in my name. Is that even legal to do? So I am caught in a legal quandary. I am hoping someone out there might know a solution.
1999 Minnie Winnie WF322R
21 REPLIES 21

westend
Explorer
Explorer
The best situation would be where you are the owner on the title and have that in hand when bartering for the other TT. Do you have expedited title transfer service in TX?
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

yillb
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe he just didn't want to re-explain the complexity of meeting a stranger. He's not asking for anything other than advice, i'm not sure how that would be considered a scam?

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
BUSTED!!!!
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

mike-s
Explorer
Explorer
toedtoes wrote:
I thought you got that Jayco from some couple you met at an RV Park in exchange for building a workshop for them?
Good call. What kind of scam is being run here?

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
I thought you got that Jayco from some couple you met at an RV Park in exchange for building a workshop for them?
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
generally, your dad will have to sign the release over to the dealership where you trade it in. The title owner has to sign the dealerships release forms.

These dmv laws differ from state to state, therefore, you need to contact the dealership where you plan to trade it in and be guided by what they tell you and get that persons name. Dealerships have specific people that only do titles/regs.

People here really can't give any info unless they do this all the time in that state. There are too many differences in the DMV laws between states.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Why don't you register the TT in your name? Your Dad signed the title. Would taxes have anything to do with it?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad