cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wide Range of Prices

ADKR
Explorer
Explorer
Just begun the search for a lightweight TT. Finding prices with very wide differences. Is this the norm? Are their hidden costs? Is the adage "too good to be true" one to follow? Thanks.

For example on a Pacific Coachworks Econ E12RB:

Barry%27s-RV-Outlet
$14,451

littledealer
$9,990

rvt.com
$11,999

rvt.com
$11,997

jdsrvoutlet
$12,888
8 REPLIES 8

ADKR
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for the opinions and advice. All very helpful.

Aluminum_Siding
Explorer
Explorer
I was told by a sales guy you will get 20% off MSRP at any lot, so start your bidding at 40% off MSRP. The price will be lower the closer you are to the factory. If they have to pull the units across the county, that can add a few thousand. We found the unit we wanted online but then found that it was only available in the mid west so we went with a unit that was carried close to home. Also the internet is goofy. I've seen so many prices that didn't make any sense and when you get there they have another story or the rig even isn't even there. You best bet is get a ball park (give or take 5k) then go to the actual dealer or RV show and take it from there. I felt like I had to nail down a specific model and price to get my heart set on something. Then when you shop at the actual dealer or show that will go out the window.

Firehawvvk
Explorer
Explorer
When I bought our TT I did a lot of research, found the make and model I wanted and then looked for prices. I found a $5,000.00 difference from high to low. I ended up driving 600 miles to get mine and glad I did. One big problem is that trying to get service/warranty work is difficult since the dealers only want to do warranty work on units they sold. I got around that too since I have a dealer 1/4 mile from my house who did the warranty work and then I sent the bill to the manufacturer and they reimbursed me for the total bill. Good luck!
Bob and Shelley
2010 Chevy Silverado 1500
2015 Coachman Catalina 253RKS

newman_fulltime
Explorer II
Explorer II
2oldman wrote:
You get what you pay for is the adage that works for me.

But Google is FREE!!!!!!:B

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
When buying our 5er I went to one dealer who had exactly what we wanted. A new unit. He quoted $40k (rounded off). But it had a lot of rust on the undercarriage. Went to another dealer who had a unit exactly like the other dealer, also new. He quoted $41.5k (again rounded). I told him he was too high, I had found the same unit for $40k. He said, ok in that case my price is $39k. Shows how they can juggle numbers.

Find the lowest price among all the dealers and use that to negotiate with your preferred dealer.

BroncosFan
Explorer
Explorer
some like this site, some don't
SeeDealerCost.com

I like rvtraderonline to get a range.

RavensFan24
Explorer
Explorer
You also have to look at the features on your particular trailer. One may have more options installed than another. I took my research to the dealer and said look....these are the prices for this trailer, match/beat the best one and I'll buy from you. I ended up getting a great price and every available option.
2010 Chevy Tahoe & 2015 Keystone Bullet Premier 30'

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
You get what you pay for is the adage that works for me.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman