cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Width of Happijac Jacks with Slide out Dually Bracket

a_flyfisher
Explorer
Explorer
I'm getting a new Northern Lite 10-2 camper this spring. It comes with Happijac electric jacks, and I'm getting the optional slide out brackets so I can use it on my 2011 F-350 dually.

I was wondering if someone can tell me the normal standard width of the electric jacks, and how much additional width the dually brackets will add?

Thanks, John
a_flyfisher
7 REPLIES 7

a_flyfisher
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks again for the replies. Well, I guess if you guys can back under your campers with 1" on each side, I'll have to figure out how to do it too -- after my insurance policy is paid up.
a_flyfisher

Flyfisher86
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2009 Northern Lite 10-2 I carry on a Dodge dually and can tell you it's close but you will clear you have 97 1/2" between the jacks when you swing them out. I would just touch the foot pads of the jacks backing under the camper. The jacks are mounted inboard on the camper that is why it is close,.
2015 Ram 3500 CC Cab&chassis Eby Flatbed 6.7CTD 6Spd Auto
2009 Northern Lite 10-2CDSE 200w of solar and one spoiled camper dog Splash

54suds
Explorer
Explorer
Northern Lite 10-2 camper is 98 inches wide
2021 Chev 6.6 duramax ltz DBL cab,drw,4x/torklift tdn's,
1999 Bigfoot 1011

a_flyfisher
Explorer
Explorer
I believe my truck is 8', or 96" wide. That's why I was wondering what the width would be between the jacks with the brackets extended. Maybe someone with a Northern Lite will chime in.??

I'd ask my dealer but my salesman there seemed to know less than I do, which is practically nothing.
a_flyfisher

thedavidzoo
Explorer II
Explorer II
My camper is narrower than the standard. I think mine is 7' 9", where as most, such as Northern Lite, AF, etc. are 8ft? That is why I showed the extended width from the camper sidewall.
We have a 2014 Ram dually and we have about 1" clearance between jack legs and rear fender. So, I'd assume that a wider camper would give you more clearance?
2014 Ram 3500 CrewCab Diesel DRW 4x4 4.10 Aisin, Torklift Fastguns, Upper Stableloads, Timbrens
2017 Northstar 12' STC
640W solar, 400Ah lithium LiFeMnPO4 batteries

a_flyfisher
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks a lot for those pictures.

The other question that I have, though, is when the brackets are extended, what is the distance between them, i.e. How many inches of clearance will I have? (Am I correct that the distance is pretty much the same from one brand of camper to another?)
a_flyfisher

thedavidzoo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Congrats! Here are some pics. Hope they answer some of your questions.

Click For Full-Size Image.

2014 Ram 3500 CrewCab Diesel DRW 4x4 4.10 Aisin, Torklift Fastguns, Upper Stableloads, Timbrens
2017 Northstar 12' STC
640W solar, 400Ah lithium LiFeMnPO4 batteries