Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

winnebago towables

kevmead
Explorer
Explorer
Are the winnebago towables well built.
I'm concidering buying the winnebago one 29 rl.
9 REPLIES 9

wmoses
Explorer
Explorer
Good for you! Congratulations. I am sure you will enjoy it.
Regards,
Wayne
2014 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS Emerald Ed. | Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L 6-speed auto | K&N Filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
_

kevmead
Explorer
Explorer
well i made the purchase . Guess time will tell if it was good choice.

wmoses
Explorer
Explorer
kevmead wrote:
Are the winnebago towables well built.
I'm concidering buying the winnebago one 29 rl.

When I walked through one over a year ago they appeared be a bit better built them other TTs in their class. Of course that was first fit and finish inside the trailer. l have no experience with their components / equipment based on that walkthrough.
Regards,
Wayne
2014 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS Emerald Ed. | Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L 6-speed auto | K&N Filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
_

Moved from Forum Technical Support

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
We've been very pleased with our 2201DS since purchasing it this past summer. It's been out for a couple of short trips and one longer trip to Michigan. In looking a a lot of trailers by a lot of manufacturers, the Winnebagos are finished nicer than most and appear to be better built. I wish Winnebago provided more details about their trailer construction, which is something that Jayco does so much better. But, the Winnebago units we looked at seemed to be better constructed and the 2201DS has the best storage of any comparable unit we could find.

I took our trailer back to the factory to have a bar fridge (outside kitchen) replaced and a roof ladder installed. Service at the factory was excellent and we weren't there long at all.

The biggest selling points of the 2201DS were the outside kitchen, roomy bath with lots of cabinets and flip around tv that made it ideal for watching from the dinette or bed. We downsized from a 29' trailer, and are adjusting to not having a sofa/chair as well as a dinette, but we wanted to get down to a smaller and lighter trailer. With our trailer gear loaded minus food and clothing, the trailer weights 6,100 lbs. and pulling it with a 2007 Tundra 5.7 works quite well.

In my searches on the internet, other Winnebago towable owners have been very pleased with their units, but others have had to have some warranty repairs/fixes completed. I had to tighten several plumbing fittings under the kitchen sink. Otherwise, I haven't had to make any adjustments or repairs due to sloppy work at the factory.

So, I would give Winnebago towables a serious look. If you are west of the Mississipi, check out Lance trailers as they seem to be quality units. And, take a look at Nash/Arctic Fox trailers if they are available near you. I liked some of the Jayco trailers, but their light weight units just didn't quite measure up to the Winnebago, at least in the 24-27 foot trailers.

Finally....stock mattress was terrible....which is to be expected. We immediately purchased a new mattress as we're no spring chickens and don't do well unless the mattress is "just right!"
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

kevmead
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
rvten wrote:
Go to irv2.com. Winnebago forum.
Sunny Brook was the MFG. Winnebago bought out.

But Winnebago was into building TT's in it's early years.

yep, very very early years. back when I got my 1999 chieftain a factory rep was out and I asked then why in the heck they didn't get into towables. his reason, they didn't have the room in Iowa. I pointed out they could easily buy out somebody. I see 14 years later they finally took my advice. ๐Ÿ™‚ at least they are more prompt to do so than my wife.

bumpy

rvten
Explorer
Explorer
Go to irv2.com. Winnebago forum.
Sunny Brook was the MFG. Winnebago bought out.

But Winnebago was into building TT's in it's early years.
Tom & Bonnie
Crossville, TN.
Aspect 29H 2008 Type C
Ford Flex SEL 2010
There is NO B+

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
If someone can come up with the name that winny bought out to get into the towable area a search on them could be made. I assume there are still many similarities.
bumpy