cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Winterizing Question

cccougar
Explorer
Explorer
Getting for the winter today and was in the process of running the antifreeze through the lines when I ran into a problem of getting thru the hot water lines. I have a bypass valve on and used the bypass valves on the heater. I have fluid running thru the cold faucet, but not hot. I turned the valves on the heater but then it started to fill with fluid. Any ideas as to why I can't get fluid into hot faucet? Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

Mark_and_Linda
Explorer
Explorer
If you valves are set right, fluid should flow through the cold and hot. Mine and three valves, two should be closed and one should be open. Pull your anode on the hot water and let the water drain out.
Mark

hohenwald48
Explorer
Explorer
I'm betting you missed a water heater valve. Some units have a check valve that could be stuck too.
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

2019 Newmar Canyon Star 3627
2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU

Bucky_Badger
Explorer
Explorer
cccougar wrote:
Getting for the winter today and was in the process of running the antifreeze through the lines when I ran into a problem of getting thru the hot water lines. I have a bypass valve on and used the bypass valves on the heater. I have fluid running thru the cold faucet, but not hot. I turned the valves on the heater but then it started to fill with fluid. Any ideas as to why I can't get fluid into hot faucet? Thanks.

Depends what system you have, Some have 2 some have 1.
Did you miss a valve?
Are you sure you turned it to bypass. There is no reason for the heater to fill up id you have all the valves turned the right direction
2010 F150 5.4, 3.55, 4x4, Equli-z-er Hitch
2007 Forest River Salem 27RB LE
and
2009 Nomad 3980