cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wishing no one a good Memorial Day, it's not possible.

whazoo
Explorer
Explorer
on edit:

It's true, I have forgotten the real meaning of Memorial Day. I was in a rare good mood yesterday when I posted my wishes for a good Memorial Day to the Vets, forgetting that another day is for them. It is not possible to wish a Vet a good Memorial Day or weekend, I realize that and my embarrassment is complete. To the living Vets, please accept my apologies...
33 REPLIES 33

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Memorial Day is a US federal holiday wherein the men and women who died while serving in the United States Armed Forces are remembered. The holiday, which is celebrated every year on the final Monday of May, was formerly known as Decoration Day and originated after the American Civil War to commemorate the Union and Confederate soldiers who died in the Civil War. By the 20th century, Memorial Day had been extended to honor all Americans who have died while in the military service.

I am sure all you veterans of service to our country will join me and others in observing the true meaning of Memorial Day. A day to pause and give thanks for those who served and did not come home.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Anchors Aweigh...

clikrf8
Explorer
Explorer
Ditto. And safe travels.
2008 Ford F250 SuperDuty 4x4 Off Road Pkg Diesel Ranch Hand Sport Ride Right airbags
2013 Hallmark Ute LX
Toller Mousse: Chocolate Standard Poodle cross
Blitzen: Black Standard Poodle
Photography Website
Photography Blog

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you! for starting this thread and all of the other vets for helping remember.

Those that are no longer here won't hear our thanks... those that served know that we thank them for serving... knowing that they have offered the surpreme sacrifice just by serving.

I volunteered USAF 1958 - 1962

grandson Jory... Army, died May 2006

grandson Casey... USAF, Lakenheath currently

I am proud of all veterans.

I saw first hand how our Viet Nam Vets were treated by many when they returned home. I also choose to take this day to thank them, and every other day. It doesn't take an act of congress to recognize them.

Thank all of you that have served, all that sacrificed.

sleepy
2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg
AirFoil, Trimetric, LED lights, Platcat vent heat

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare