cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work/Play setup

Briand
Explorer
Explorer
So, had a slide in for a decade or so, now looking at something I can work out of. Wife needs to have privacy while I work, so thinking about converting a bunk area to work space.

One thing surpises me. If there were a bedroom model, ether with doors or soft door or bathroom between, you get a lot of privacy in both living and sleeping area. If they made a bedroom with a murphy bed it would be a really nice, 2nd living area, where my wife could relax while I am working on the dinette or desk in the main area.

Anyone know of such a setup?
'97 F-350, CC, PSD
'02 NL, Ten2000 RD
4 REPLIES 4

Briand
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, there are some really neat office setups and the up and down beads in some of the new toy haulers can be converted to sit/stand desks, but those are typically done for more full timers. On large RVs, trying to keep this one <= 26'

I just need to be able to work for a month or two and keep some privacy. Thus the bunk areas are easily converted. I would just rahter have my wife in her on little room and it could be the bedroom if it were murphy.

Dang that airstream is nice. Crazy. I could buy it, I just don't want it enought yet.
'97 F-350, CC, PSD
'02 NL, Ten2000 RD

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe a toy hauler? I often thought the "toy" part would make a good office or extra room. Someone on a FB page was talking about a Murphy bed in their trailer, so they are out there. Good luck.

Briand
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah. My first trailer will likely be less than 20k. I will either convert a bunk area myself or something similar to get some privacy. I am just amazed that the new designs do not allow a "proper" bedroom to convert to a seated entertainment area.
'97 F-350, CC, PSD
'02 NL, Ten2000 RD

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Briand wrote:
So, had a slide in for a decade or so, now looking at something I can work out of. Wife needs to have privacy while I work, so thinking about converting a bunk area to work space.

Anyone know of such a setup?

For about eleventy billion you can buy a new Airstream Flying Cloud 30FB with the desk option.

Flying Cloud 30FB with desk
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator