cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You are NOT going to believe this!!

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
I just ordered a complete Torklift package to outfit my new GMC for holding my TC. I called several dealers, checked the internet for pricing on:
Super Hitch
Tie Downs front & Rear
4 Fastguns
Fastgun Locks
I called Dyer's RV Parts @ 866-713-3429, Melanie answered and researched my request and came back with very good pricing and FREE freight. I waited a day for another dealer to call me back, which he didn't, and then called Dyer's at 4:00 PM EST. Melanie answered and took my order, she said you should see the order by the end of next week, I said great.
The next morning, Saturday, at 9:45 AM EST a FedEx truck backed into my yard and delivered the COMPLETE ORDER!! In less than 18 hours I had my COMPLETE ORDER! GREAT SERVICE!
10 REPLIES 10

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
Pretty much Amazon set the bar pretty high with their 2 day prime shipping with Sunday deliveries.

Everyone else has to either **** or get off the pot, as my dad used to say.

Walmart is getting aggressive with mail order and there's a new player; jet.com
jet.com works like a warehouse club, think COSTCO only on-line. What they do is sort of bundle stuff based on what you are putting in your cart. For example; put peanut butter in your cart and they will instantly offer you a discount of jelly. They don't ship fast as Amazon, but their prices are better. You can even get lower prices if you check the box that forfeits your right to return.

Where Amazon fails, in California at least, is their capitulation to collect sales tax for orders from Amazon to California customers. That's about 8% depending on where in the state you live.

GoinThisAway
Explorer
Explorer
I had a similar experience with etrailer.com. I ordered an item from them one Sunday morning and was surprised to get an e-mail later that day that said it had shipped. It arrived two days later. Maybe they don't want to give us a chance to change our mind 😉 So long to the days of "allow 6-8 weeks for delivery".
2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4
Torklift/Fastguns/Hellwig/StableLoads

pa_traveler
Explorer
Explorer
Torklift great company with great products.

Dakota98
Explorer
Explorer
Just as a side note:

Quote: Torklift International pricing

On April 15, 2015, Torklift’s RPP becomes fully enforced. All Authorized Dealers in the United States and Canada will be subject to a Pricing Policy that unilaterally establishes a minimum resale price for various Torklift products.

Although it states "minimum" for various products, it doesn't say "all"

It appears that dealers that offer free shipping or reduced shipping cost can in affect offer overall reduced pricing for online orders of Torklift products.

In this case, I applaud Dyer's for an obvious attention to customer service & satisfaction !!!
I'm an expert in only one field....I believe it's somewhere in Kansas.

2000 / 22' SKYLINE NOMAD LITE
1998 DODGE DAKOTA / 5.2L= 8mpg.
2006 POLARIS ATV
1500/1200 Watt Champion generator
Yada Wireless Back Up Camera
1998 Dyna Wide Glide
USMC 68-74

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
ReneeG wrote:
Thanks for the feedback on Dyers' top notch service. I just bookmarked their site for future reference and ordering.

^X2
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the feedback on Dyers' top notch service. I just bookmarked their site for future reference and ordering.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
FEDEX do it.
I mailed bolt in regular envelope in the state via USPS and 3 days later it is still not delivered.
Putting a bolt in an envelope???? Seriously???? Envelopes go thru a machine...you probably had it kicked out before it hit the machine and ruined it!
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
We order alot of everything from AMAZON that uses UPS and FED-X and get the same fast deliveries - even on weekends... I always joke to the driver where the DRONE was at haha...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

4aSong
Explorer
Explorer
I have made many purchases from Dyer's and have been 100+% satisfied.
M & N

Tundra TRD V8 4x4 w/Leer Shell
EU2000i * Prodigy * McKesh * Trek * Renogy * ENU

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
FEDEX do it.
I mailed bolt in regular envelope in the state via USPS and 3 days later it is still not delivered.