cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Introduce Yourself!

TeamGoodSam
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, and welcome to the Good Sam Community โ€” weโ€™re excited youโ€™re here! Take this chance to say hello and tell us a bit about yourself.

Whether this is your first time here or if youโ€™ve already jumped into the conversations, kick today off with a quick, friendly hello. Itโ€™s always great to run into familiar faces further down the road.

So whatโ€™s the inside scoop? Your RV of choice. Where you like to travel. Where you call home. Need an icebreaker? Tell us where you would go if you could RV anywhere in the world. And finally, be sure to welcome others as they join!

-Team Good Sam
Good to go since 1966
353 REPLIES 353

Dez2019
Explorer
Explorer

Good morning all, I just signed up here and we look forward to all the Great conversations

Chuck & Angela

Welcome aboard.

What's your rig & are you a full timer? Just curious as to the split between full & part timers on the site. We're part timers ๐Ÿ˜Š

Part timer in a 2019 Renegade VeraCruz towing a Jeep Gladiator

That's a nice rig. Enjoy the adventures.

Cheers 

kathinwyoming
Explorer
Explorer

Hello Good Sam Community,  I'm Kathy and am newly retired with my partner Darrell (he doesn't text or email). We were business owner's (vehicle repair) for 50 years and getting ready to take our first long trip (more than a weekend) in our new travel trailer. 

We're from beautiful rural lakeside Wyoming and having a hard time leaving but have planned a trip to the ocean...Port Aransas, TX.  not many ocean views from Wyoming so should be great.  

Looking forward to joining different topic's and getting a taste of RV'ing.  

Hope you enjoy the Gulf and the people in Port A. Safe travels

Tango424
Explorer III
Explorer III

Hi all Robert, Diane and lola(furbaby) here in tucson az

Army vet worked in the telecom industry after that  raised 4 boys and did alot of family camping  now we're  older boys all gone have lives of their own its time for us now . I was medically  retired in2019 with liver cirrhosis and colon cancer in 2022 im still kicking 

Currently working on a homemade advenure trailer which is almost done looking forward to more traveling to different parts of the US 

Thanks for haveing a great site  

TANGO424(if you're wondering about the name ask and ill tell ya)

TANGO424
95 ram 12valve and homemade adventure trailer

Sounds like a helicopter call sign bro.

Glad to hear that you're hanging in there. Keep up the good fight. 

Richardyood it is a call sign but not mine it was my fathers badge number when he was a deputy sheriff he was a accident reconstructionist and also traffic (wrote a lot of tickets and shot alot of radar in 29 yrs)he unfortunately passed away in 2020 from natural causes so in dedication to him i use it as a name on my social media i remember listening to the scanner we had and after a traffic stop he'd key up and say Tango424 code 4

TANGO424
95 ram 12valve and homemade adventure trailer

MBS2004
Explorer III
Explorer III

Hay y'all,  I'm Mike and my wife is Bonnie.  We are relatively new to RVing. We are both retired.  We got our VRB190 at the end of 2021. We've been on 2 extended trips so far and looking forward to the next one. We live in Western Massachusetts. Hope y'all travel safely. 

RobinWendy
Explorer
Explorer

Hi Robin here just like to start by asking question on pro's and con's driving from Victoria BC to Ontario through Canada or USA

TNFulltimervers
Explorer
Explorer

Hello! I am Monica and my husband is Kelly. We have been fulltime going on 8 years in April. Our original plan when we went fulltime was 3 to 5 years. We love it so much that we just keep going. We have a 5th wheel and we love it. It's large enough that is feels like home, but we can still fit into most parks. We are excited to be a part of this community with like minded people.

Glad to hear you are having a great time! Enjoy the community

Frank_Matt_3
Explorer II
Explorer II

Hello everyone and it is great to be hear.

Have been camping all my life in one form or another. Started tenting at a young age, then after being married a while we bought our first trailer, used. We then graduated to a Class C, 30 foot no slides in 1995. When the gas prices started soaring a few years later (little did we know ("you ain't seen nothin yet") we parked it seasonally in  the mountains of western Maryland near the Potomac River.

After one season there and a RV show later, my wife declared, not another season in this Class C. So we traded that in on a travel trailer, a 2010 Prime Time LaCrosse 30 foot with one slide. Amazing, so much room. This trailer would serve as our base for 5 great years in the mountains, and another 5 years at the shore in Delaware, both seasonal sites. We didn't even own a truck. We paid to move it.

Then the travel bug (and another well know bug) hit and we purchased a 2021 Ram 2500 and took the show on the road. I can't praise that LaCrosse trailer enough, but after 13 years and a couple more RV shows it was time to upgrade.

In Oct 2023 staying with Forrest River we purchased an Arctic Wolf 5th Wheel (yes from a Good Sam dealer) and here we are.

Hope to see you on the road and around the camp fire.

KitKat64
Explorer
Explorer

Hi, I'm Kathy and my husband and I are counting down the days till retirement when we can go full time in an RV and start travelling around this big beautiful country.  Currently we have  28' Open Range (love it) that we pull with a Jeep Grand Cherokee aroung a few weeks a year.  Wish we could  do more but work keeps getting in the way!