cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All revved up with no place to go

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
We have hardly had a chance to get out camping this year (1 weekend in June) but finally we got things done and have a few days we could go. The truck is hooked up, trailer is packed and they are calling for cloudy and rainy weather with highs of about 55 degrees for the next 5 days. We could drive 400 miles to find some sun .... spend day one to find the sun and day 5 to get back home ... I don't know I guess there's always next year.
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5
10 REPLIES 10

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
I think it depends: if you are camping with kids, rain could be a problem.

Actually, those are some of our fondest memories. Stomping in puddles, fishing in the rain, looking for frogs, worms, etc. Ever played mini-golf in the rain? Adds to the challenge. Life can be half empty or half full. We choose to look at it as half full.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think it depends: if you are camping with kids, rain could be a problem. With just the parents, rain can be a lot of fun!
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
AK49er wrote:
A bad weather day camping is better than most days at home! I vote GO!

Can I get an AMEN to that?!?!? 🙂
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks for the pep talk. We are going to go.
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
There is nothing wrong with camping in the rain. Its kind of fun actually, you will have the place to yourselves and get to listed to the rain on the roof. Bring some books and enjoy. Sun is really overrated, just ask an old Northwest WA gal.

kohldad
Explorer III
Explorer III
I've been stuck so long I would go to, even if stuck in my TC affectionately names Itty Bitty by my wife. With a trailer having plenty or room, it would be a very nice trip in just about any weather.

Even if you just go for a few days then come back early for a day or two of further relaxing.
2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Just go, most weather reports are overhyped as bad as so called news these days.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

AK49er
Explorer
Explorer
A bad weather day camping is better than most days at home! I vote GO!

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Where in Canada are you? The northeast US is experience early fall weather that's been absolutely stellar. If you are relatively close to NY, PA, OH, or NE, I'd head that way.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
I dunno, Big Guy, that doesn't sound all that promising. For what it's worth, we faced a similar weekend that last time we had a chance to go, and decided to go anyway. Turned out fine. Almost no sun, but almost no rain, too, so we did get to spend lots of time outside, anyway. Given the chance to NOT muck about the homestead with those nagging little chores, to veg out and enjoy the woods, I think I'd go anyway. The worst that can happen is you get to play a bunch of scrabble, eat a few boiled 'dogs and drink a few extra adult beverages. Maybe catch up on some shut eye, too.

Go anyway. My best advice.