cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Amazon is opening service in Mexico.

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
I sounds like you have to pick up your packages yourself due to the lack of good mail service, but it's a start.

Amazon in Mexico

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.
34 REPLIES 34

clarlk
Explorer
Explorer
Amazon will cut them self a deal with one of the shipping companys, with the volume they ship the companys are fighting for the contracts

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
We have used UPS to send documents to Mexico City, expensive but they did deliver to the correct address, have also used DHL, maybe Amazon uses all the mentioned carriers to deliver the goods in the different Cities and towns.

navegator

briansue
Explorer
Explorer
You are the one who brought up Estafeta, not me.

Sorry my post was not clear - I meant that I brought up Estafeta because they were not among those listed and I wondered about whether Amazon has warehouses in Mexico and if they do who are the carriers they use within Mexico. I did not mean to confuse the issue but apparently I did. Sorry.

briansue
Explorer
Explorer
Chris linked the Profeco website where they did some test shipments. They only list carriers they used. These are services offered by those carriers. There are other carriers in Mexico they do not list. Estafeta is not mentioned that I could find. So does anyone know if this new Amazon deal means they have warehouses in Mexico and if they offer any other carriers for delivery within Mexico? Who would you use if you ordered from Amazon in Mexico? I am just trying to get more information about Amazon in Mexico and how we might get purchases from Amazon made within Mexico.

DHL โ€“ next day

POST OFFICE โ€“ next day

FEDEX โ€“ six days

MULTIPACK โ€“ 1 โ€“ 4 working days

REDPACK โ€“ next day

UPS โ€“ 4 days

briansue
Explorer
Explorer
Someone brought up shippers Amazon uses in Mexico way back in this thread. They mentioned DHL - FedEx - UPS. They did not mention any other delivery services in Mexico. I brought up Estafeta to question whether Amazon uses them in Mexico. I was not aware UPS is available in Mexico. I have often heard Estafeta was the best way to ship within Mexico. I do not know if Amazon has warehouses in Mexico or if Estafeta or any other carrier operating within Mexico is among the choices Amazon offers for shipping. So the point of my post was to ask if Estafeta is among the options for Amazon. I do not know what Amazon offers and tried to ask that question. I guess my point was not clear.

tepetapan
Explorer
Explorer
briansue wrote:
Yep - I know Estafeta is only in Mexico - I thought this was about Amazon having warehouses in Mexico and shipping within Mexico. No?

You are the one who brought up Estafeta, not me.

iguana07
Explorer II
Explorer II
My Bad
Chuck n Sandy
Roxy the Kelpie and Kiki the cat.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
I've used Estafeta over the years for work sending documents and proofs back and forth to Mexico. You can find them just about everywhere including small towns. My little town of 2800 has an agent, next town about 20 kms south has an agent.

When we spent the summer near Mazamitla, we had to drive down the hill to the lake.

Service is good and they have on line tracking as well. I think they all do pretty good, never lost a package on FedX, DHL (something about them I don't like though and I can't put my finger on it), Estafeta, Multipak, Redpak, and even MexPost. I've used them all as each Mexican publisher I work with has their own choice for many reasons.

Here is a link to Profeco (Mexican BBB) that lists all companies and their approx costs. (if it says "ocurre" that means "hold for pickup").

Profeco - package services in Mexico, approx cost and number of days for delivery.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

briansue
Explorer
Explorer
Yep - I know Estafeta is only in Mexico - I thought this was about Amazon having warehouses in Mexico and shipping within Mexico. No?

tepetapan
Explorer
Explorer
briansue wrote:
Once again from experience. DHL handles all deliveries to me and UPS is lost.

So how well does Estafeta do when compared with DHL? People have told me Estafeta is the way to go. They once promised 2 days or less to anywhere in Mexico.

I've never seen that promise by Estafeta but they did a next day delivery from Catemaco to Monterrey a few weeks ago. On time as they promised. I think that they are very good within Mexico. Internationally they would have to hand it off to someone, which they do from what I have been told.

iguana07
Explorer II
Explorer II
Estafeta worked for us once had to go to their office for pick up in P.V.
I thought Estafeta was only Mexico to Mexico delivery?

UPS trucks would come from Guad to P.V. I would see them once in a while on the 200 in front of L.D.M. transferring packages from one van to another.
Chuck n Sandy
Roxy the Kelpie and Kiki the cat.

briansue
Explorer
Explorer
Once again from experience. DHL handles all deliveries to me and UPS is lost.

So how well does Estafeta do when compared with DHL? People have told me Estafeta is the way to go. They once promised 2 days or less to anywhere in Mexico.

tepetapan
Explorer
Explorer
UPS covers Mexico, sort of. There is a large distribution center in Veracruz city, along with another office in the opposite side of town. The problem is that UPS only wants the gravy and does not want to deliver outside of a metropolitan area. Contrary to their TV commercials. I can tell you from experience, Amazon does not play that game and will put the pressure on them to fulfill their contract. Now, if for some reason a package is shipped UPS to Veracruz city, they ( UPS) hand it off to a secondary carrier.
this is why Amazon will never work with UPS in Mexico, no service and no commitment. Once again from experience. DHL handles all deliveries to me and UPS is lost. A big Dog, in the US, can not play with the Big Dog of the world.

briansue
Explorer
Explorer
They were delivered by UPS to their door.

I guess I just do not recall ever seeing a UPS truck in Mexico.