Explorer
Nightly - $600 Mx pesos
Weekly - $3990 Mx pesos
Monthly - $16,200 Mx pesos
21 REPLIES 21

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
I have to defend RV camp prices, because by ACTUAL EXPERIENCE I have found, when an RV pulls in and connects, ALL the air conditioners are started, the hot water heater and 300 watt refrigerator get switched on. It is common to see a rig pull 25 AMPS on a 30 amp service and 35 amps on a 50 amp service. 3,175 and 8,200 watts respectively.

How much does 8,200 watts cost per month? Commercial electrical 3 phase rates are DEMAND tier based. Just like in the states. With digital metering. After the business pays ten thousand dollars for transformadores de tres hilos...

The cost of power equals .24 cents pr kWh. I included the taxes. There is no tiered rates nor seasonal rate allowances for commercial.

8Kw X 24 = $19.20 per day

$536 US Dollars per month

This is not hard and fast calculations that guarantee this is what a rig will use. It's an example - a baseline. But anyone who believes in 90 degree humid conditions the air conditioners will stay off, is a dreamer. Same for electric hot water heating, and refrigerators that work 24/7.

The best way to limit this is crummy electrical receptacles that burn out with more than 10-amps of current. Sound familiar?

When an electrical bill from CFE arrives down here you have six days to pay it. On the seventh day, they yank the wires.

Mexico has very cheap rates for minimalist household power users. I pay an average of $7.52 per month. For <75kWh. But a business is a horse of a different color. In 2005 I had to pay CFE a deposit equal to three thousand US dollars to have 100-amp, three phase (tres hilos) service. I was lucky to find a 30Kw transformer for $8,200 dlls. Divide the 30 Kw into the rig usage above. Surprise! A large park will need lots of transformers!

I myself, would wait and see just what kind of park this is. If 30, and 50 amp services are provided inclusive, that's one thing. CFE told me it is prohibited to sub-meter a service drop with meter. Has this changed? being an RV park "owner" is easy. Being a profitable RV park owner is the epitome of difficult.

By the way the examples given above are from real experience, not guesswork. Higher elevation parks do not have the high heat and humidity challenge. 2,000 ft altitude makes all the difference in the world. Sea level, sea shore, 200 ft from the waves is a different animal.

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
Ridiculous pricing! Either they expect some very high end Rigs or just have No Clue on how to price themselves!
Unfortunately Bara has very poor RV Parking when compared to its neighbour along the Road 2 km.
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD

sparksmex
Explorer
Explorer
It's new and may not be finished yet. It's somewhere in Cabo Blanco

coloradotallman
Explorer
Explorer
You don't mention which park this is. We are heading down that way for all of December.

Wm_Elliot
Explorer
Explorer
I've stayed in hotels in Mexico for far less.

daveB110
Explorer
Explorer
nightly 600 pesos or 30.68 USD / 40.00 CAD
weekly 3,990 pesos or 204.01 USD / 266.00 CAD
monthly 16,200 MXP or 828.33 USD / 1,080.05 CAD

tepetapan
Explorer
Explorer
I wonder if an American owns it and is trying to make up for the weak peso. That's nearly $30 US a night.