cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Be careful returning from MX to TX

keelhauler1
Explorer
Explorer
Avoid TX if you want to be safe, stay in Mexico.
One Killed, 4 Injured by Suspected Serial Shooter in Houston

There is a serial shooter southeast of Houston randomly shooting people.

ABC NEWS STORY
John

All my Mexico Trips
-------------------------------------------
21 REPLIES 21

cross_country
Explorer
Explorer
Not under the last two, but the present outfit will see the entire hospitality industry contained under the passenger vehicle telephone service and not a blank will be shot. Your quite safe. Just tip your local operator and see nothing. My word, Maz has changed. Sad for those unable or unwilling to participate. Free enterprize takes on a familiar ring. Tom

Mary and Tom '86 Crosscountry Sportscoach
2000 Foretravel U320 4210

iguana07
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sorry I was miss interpreted!
First I was responding to the post that said no mass graves unless it is drug related.
When I mentioned I have been robbed in both countries " get over it" It meant it can happen anywhere. Stay out of places you know are trouble is pretty easy for me. Border towns, most night clubs, known drug hang outs, cities that are rioting etc. Of course if you don't know its trouble guess it doesn't fall into the known trouble spots........ Get it now?
Chuck n Sandy
Roxy the Kelpie and Kiki the cat.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
You lefty a legacy!! It was spiced up!!!

Moisheh

keelhauler1
Explorer
Explorer
Moisheh wrote:
keelhauler: Why would you post that nonsense. You knew it would bring all the trolls out. Does the fact that there is a serial killer on the loose in the USA make Mexico safer? I just do not understand the logic??

Since it is my last few days in Mexico I decided to be the Troll and see how many discussions I could get going. If you know me I always post sensible non-controversial posts. So I thought, Oh heck spice it up. ๐Ÿ˜‰
John

All my Mexico Trips
-------------------------------------------

CKNSLS
Explorer
Explorer
Is there anything untrue in paragraph 6? "The unpredictable nature of drug cartels?"

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
duplicate post

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
The Mexican government is once again at odds with that of Texas, which on Tuesday warned travelers not to venture across the border into Mexico, citing the danger of cartel violence.

Yesterday, the Secretariat of External Relations (SRE) described the warning as irresponsible.

โ€œIt constitutes an unacceptable generalizationโ€ and is far from standard international practice in which central governments act in a responsible manner, said the SRE in a prepared statement.

โ€œThe chancellery,โ€ it continued, โ€œhas reiterated on many occasions its position that announcements of this nature must always be specific, with information that is precise and in context and in the end is truly useful and avoids generalizations.โ€

The secretariat issued a reminder that Mexico is the most popular international destination for American travelers, who totaled more than 25 million last year.

On Tuesday, the Texas Department of Public Safety advised travelers โ€” particularly students โ€” to avoid visiting Mexico, although it conceded that Mexican authorities have made advances in combating drug cartels. But it warned of the unpredictable nature of drug gang violence.

Texas authorities have issued similar warnings in the past about spring break travel south of the border.

Its government has also had words before with authorities in Mexico. The stateโ€™s deployment of National Guard troops to patrol the border last August earned a sharp rebuke from President Peรฑa Nieto and precipitated some strong comments from Texas in response.

Spring break travelers to Mexico in 2012 numbered nearly 77,000, according to estimates by the Secretariat of Tourism. The most popular destinations are Cancรบn, Cabo San Lucas, San Felipe, Rosarito, Acapulco, Mazatlรกn and Puerto Vallarta, among others.

Source: El Universal (sp)

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
Tourist trap areas are normally safe, the bad elements normally do not bother with the area since there tends to be more law enforcement and more surveillance, and that is the last thing they want, the bad elements tend to come out of the woodwork at night.

Crime is present in every major town, village, city, and being a tourist carries some risk, whether it be in Canada the U.S.A., Mexico, England, Germany, the only exception are places like Syria, Afghanistan and Yemen, only a complete idiot would go as a tourist to this areas.

If you do not like leaving your comfort zone, that is your prerogative, there are those of us that like to travel and see other places and cultures or just enjoy a cerveza in a warm spot it definitely beats shoveling snow.

navegator

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
keelhauler: Why would you post that nonsense. You knew it would bring all the trolls out. Does the fact that there is a serial killer on the loose in the USA make Mexico safer? I just do not understand the logic??

Moisheh

RonYVickie
Explorer
Explorer
Stay out of places you know are trouble

Yeah, sounds like a plan - except, of course if you're a tourist and have no idea which places are trouble ! RYV

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
O.K. Chicago, Iguala, Washinton DC, Reynosa, Oakland, Acapulco, Vancouver Los Angeles, Montreal, Monterrey, etc, etc.

We get shot in the Mall's and the theaters and our kids get shot in school, or just walking home, pretty poor showing of being a "first world" we are no better, so the best is not to throw to many stones, there is to much glass in this house.

navegator

RamTX
Explorer
Explorer
I wouldn't worry about random road rage or random shooting incidents when passing through Houston or anywhere else in Texas.
2005 Dodge 2500 CTD ShortBed Quad Cab
08 Jayco Eagle Superlite 31.5FBHS
Line X
Superglide Hitch
Prodigy Brake Controller

iguana07
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mexican college students buried in mass grave, Central Americans and others trying to get across the border buried in mass graves. By drug gangs, yet they had nothing to do with drugs.
I have been robbed both in the States and Mexico. Get over it! Stay out of places you know are trouble.
Chuck n Sandy
Roxy the Kelpie and Kiki the cat.

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
The ladrones (thieves) can't compete with you know who, so they moved to the U.S.A. that way they can steal in Dollars because the Peso is not worth much at the Monte de Piedad (pawn house).

Unless you go looking for trouble, you will be safe any where even in the good old U.S.A.

Do not let the talking heads scare you to much, only believe 4 to 5% of what they say, any where in the world.

navegator