cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Big Rig Friendly Gas Station

scot-to-rv
Explorer
Explorer
We will be travelling along highway number 3 in Alberta and BC and would like some ideas on where to stop for diesel. We have a 40 ft class A and will be towing. We would like to be able to stop around Lethbridge to fuel up.
10 REPLIES 10

SideHillSoup
Explorer
Explorer
rag-ftw wrote:
SideHillSoup wrote:
Going east to west on Hwy 3
Cranbrook -
on the west end of town just past the Prestige Inn is " Fas Gas Plus" ...
Snoup.

Is Fas Gas Plus a membership station or are they open to the public?

No

Soup
2018 Northern Lite 8-11 EX Dry Bath
2017 Sierra SLE, 3500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Trans
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs
Fast Gun Long Range SS Turnbuckles, Fast Gun locks

gkenworth
Explorer
Explorer
I drive truck regionally in Alberta. Lethbridge is the least friendly trucking town in Alberta. IMHO.
There is a Co-op card lock on 5th Ave N that semi's use. Not sure if they sell for $$
IMHO

Darryl_Rita
Explorer
Explorer
The only "membership" fuel stations I can think of in Canada is Costco.

Edit to add: I can't believe anyone drove from Lethbridge to Red Deer? (1/2 way to Edmonton) without seeing 1 truck stop, let alone a gas station they could fit in.
***UPDATE 2006 3500 SRW MegaCab pulling a 2007 fleetwood 5'er

rag-ftw
Explorer
Explorer
SideHillSoup wrote:
Cranbrook -
on the west end of town just past the Prestige Inn is " Fas Gas Plus" ...
Snoup.

Is Fas Gas Plus a membership station or are they open to the public?
2004 Travel Supreme 38DS04
2009 Ranger 4X4 Towed
Ready Brake, Tire Minder

SideHillSoup
Explorer
Explorer
Cranbrook -
on the west end of town just past the Prestige Inn is " Fas Gas Plus" large lot and no canopy over the pumps. It is on the right side of the Hwy, easy assess and exit.

Castlegar -
take the first exit after crossing the Bridge across the Columbia River . Take the right hand turn and follow it over the overpass to the stop sign. Go through the stop sign in the right lane. (Don't go to the Perto-can/ 7-11 on the right side at the stop light, to tight of a parking lot and at the pumps.) Take the right hand turn lane that will put you on to Hwy 22 going north, 1/2 a block is the Chevron on the left side of the road. There is a center turn lane and the diesel pump is on northeast side of the two rows of pumps. This is a very large lot and they do have a canopy but it is very high. The entrance to the Chevron is at the stop light so it makes it very easy to leave the gas station with a large rig.
Also just after you go over the overpass to stop sign is the Casltegar Chamber of commerce. They have a free dump station on the Over pass side of the building if required.

Midway-
There is one gas station right on the side of the Hwy. It has a diesel pump sitting all by it's self about 100ft before the gas pumps, which as all located in the open air a bit of a distance from the building. No canopy and a HUGE lot.

Osoyoos-
Husky on the far side of town just as you are leaving town on the right hand side of the highway just after the Hwy 3 and Hwy 97 jct.

Chillawack -
Take the Vedder road exit and then cross over the overpass to the west. There are many gas stations and stores

Soup.
2018 Northern Lite 8-11 EX Dry Bath
2017 Sierra SLE, 3500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Trans
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs
Fast Gun Long Range SS Turnbuckles, Fast Gun locks

Tarheel_2
Explorer
Explorer
Suggest that you not go any further north toward Calgary before getting fuel. We spent the night in Leftbridge Friday night and I didn't get fuel because I had almost 3/4 tank. Then we started looking for fuel getting closer to Calgary and on two occasions we went off an exit that had fuel advertised, but saw nothing when we got to end of ramp, so kept going. We were half way to Edmonton before I saw a station from the ramp. I did notice when I left Leftbridge that there were stations that I could have gotten in. Good luck and safe travels.
Tarheel

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Check truck stops. Many of them have RV islands, gas and diesel.

almcc
Explorer
Explorer
Haven't stopped there but we normally stop at Husky stations when heading west, they have pumps for both the truckers and even the pumps for autos take our 39 ft. 5er. I note there is a Husky on route 3 just outside (east of)Lethbridge, check their website.

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
I can't give you specific locations, but you'll be just fine. There are lots of stations that can handle big rigs with no problems. I try to fuel at truck stops whenever possible because I know there will be lots of room and the fuel will be fresh. But saying that there are many regular fuel stations that are fine too.
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Where have you looked already?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman