cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bodies of Australian surfers found in Sinaloa

darbone85737
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3341085/Inside-Mexican-city-Sinaloa-known-Cemetery-cartels-rule-murders-rife.html?ito=social-facebook
51 REPLIES 51

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
A gang of highway robbers shot the Australians and doused the van with gasoline and set it on fire, 3 of the gang members have been arrested, they have no connection to narcos simple theft, it is truly a tragedy let us say a prayer for the Down Under kids.

navegator

clarlk
Explorer
Explorer
http://mazmessenger.com/2015/12/02/mayor-says-area-where-australians-disappeared-is-a-burmuda-triangle/http://mazmessenger.com/2015/12/02/mayor-says-area-where-australians-disappeared-is-a-burmuda-triang...

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
Those of Us who regularly visit Mexico are saddened by this latest report and offer Our sincere Condolences to the Families of the Two Young Men. I suspect that this case will end up as an unsolved suspicious event.

Regardless of what the Official findings may disclose. we must All be aware of what We are doing and the Places that We are considering to Visit while in this beautiful Country.

I'm so sorry that this has happened to these Young Men,

Please don't let this incident spoil Your positive feelings about travelling in Mexico .
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD

mexicoruss
Explorer II
Explorer II
Most or you ae full of wisdom for being as old as you are........the rest of you aqre full of ********,,,,,,and you know who you are ,,,,quick delete me
Russ Black
011-521-638-113-4591 Cell Phone
Puerto Penasco, Sonora

briansue
Explorer
Explorer
If it wasn't the cartels then most likely the Policia.

Another fact filled report..............

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
A small camp stove inside a van. . .pretty simple to see a case of carbon monoxide poisoning. Possibly a resultant fire.
Closed minds see only one thing.
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
14 murdered in San Bernardino today and people are scared to go to Mexico because 2 may have been murdered? Give me a friggin break.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
A KenMex wearing a Winnebago bib, is a heck of a bigger threat.

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
There you have it. Danger is everywhere, deal with it. Take the usual precautions.
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
I am glad I was not in San Bernardino CA. today.

A yes I am in lawless Mexico, viviendo la vida loca.

navegator

darbone85737
Explorer
Explorer
isn't there a pretty well known surf break in Celestino ? How far is that from where they were found?

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Sheesh ๐Ÿ˜ž

Any place there is heavy drug cartel presence, the cops and the military convoy and cluster and generally 99.9% of the area has no police at all. So if they think they can get away with it, common criminals roam and cherry pick targets that will not offend the sensibilities of cartel sicarios.

Sinaloa except for tourist Mazatlan is no place to vacation. Rural and isolated Sinaloa is a death wish. Same for many areas in bigger cities and towns. Culiacan is not the place to wander off the main drag. OK to find a hotel on the main boulevard and then get out of Dodge first thing in the morning, but I will not even seek out a restaurant in that city. Mochis, Escuinapa, and every last non-Mazatlan beach is off my radar. This is totally Bad Karma land. Mex 15 and 15-D all the way to Tepic or Sn Blas.

What makes me wonder is the utter lack of decent surf until near Mazatlan. From there north is the shore for the Gulf of California. Even Mazatlan needs the right wind and swell to have surfable water. South of Mazatlan the surf gets better, but Sn Blas southward is supposedly better yet. Big question mark.

The violence down here is well-known world-wide. To have Australians decide to vacation in Sinaloa is hard and I mean REALLY hard to fathom. All this just does not fit somehow.

Wanton predation on helpless tourists is not anything other than a crime of opportunity and unless the victims were carrying a large amount of cash what possible motive could a scumbag have? The van was not stolen. A lot of questions that will probably go forever answered.

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
I believe that "profiling" is a science. IMO it's a great tool in your arsenal of methods which are useful in solving problems. Why else would experience matter?
As far as which country has the most violence, or which country do you prefer to visit or for residence,..... who cares? Just do whatever you want. I'm not offended by opinions.
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

darbone85737
Explorer
Explorer
The apologists and people who have vested financial interests in Mexican tourism will have you believe the van was struck by lightning or the fire was somehow the fault of the victims.

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
briansue wrote:
They probably ran into a cartel check point and didn't cooperate with it and got torched. They probably took the plates to put on another van and cause more havoc.

Probably probably probably - where are the facts?
you dont just burn up to death in your van, you think they sat there and torched? They were most likely already dead. If it wasn't the cartels then most likely the Policia.
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker