cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campground Rates

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
We were planning a trip to Alaska and just were told that the cost of camping spots in Canada was god awful expensive. I wonder if that statement is true?
9 REPLIES 9

relaxin
Explorer
Explorer
ontario parks bend over rates

firewood is I think about 8 bucks a bag, , your better to buy from a local farmer but get a written receipt from him to prove you got it locally or they will confiscate it (at their discretion)

Our parks are worth the money(here) compared to the dumpy (in most cases) private parks in the area
They don't set up the sites to resemble a walmart parking lot, and for the most part in most parks you pretty much are out in nature.

not to compare value vs price to other provinces, as we are Unique in Ontario,,,, yes we are,,, we have THE absolute worst and most criminally corrupt government in the country, they like to steal and waste money for their own gains and to benefit their supporters.So everything in their control has steadily gone up and up and up in price over the past 13 years. I beleave in 2000 it was around $20 per night
Relaxin, hikin, canoin, enjoyin life
headin down the road with a 29' reflection, canoe, camera, & hammock. 2022 GMC extended cab 6.6 litre gasser.
Rug rats grown and gone, just me and my beautiful little lady.

mockturtle
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have noticed that the BC provincial parks have gone up steeply. ๐Ÿ˜ž
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

dieharder
Explorer
Explorer
I guess it's just the Ontario parks that cost a fortune...
1999 Itasca Sunrise

mayo30
Explorer
Explorer
And now you only need $.88 USA to $1.00 Can.exchange.You will not go broke camping in Canada for sure.Saskatchewan 30/50 amp.service sites in a provincial park are $27.00 a night with firewood.

jessjerr1831
Explorer
Explorer
When we got to Homer the DW said she wanted to stay in a full service campground no matter what it cost, and camp on the Spit. So we did. It was on the spit and it was expensive but DW was happy. Otherwise we stayed in all kinds of campgrounds but believe the best were in Canada. And, no they were no more expensive than what we paid in the U.S.

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Canada is no worse than anywhere else. You want services, you pay. CGs have a very short season to either make it or go bust. I imagine overheads must be higher dealing with the extreme temps on CG equipment & remote locations.

Nobody grumbles about Disney prices where they operate 365 days in a very pleasant climate.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Fer2005
Explorer
Explorer
Depends on where and what you are camping in. At Banff Tunnel Mountain for a site with hookups, 65CAD. Provincial parks as low as 12. Northern Lights in Dawson creek is advertising 45cad for 50 amp service. And also what do you think is expensive?
2009 Winnebago Journey 39Z
2012 Ford Taurus Toad

sue_t
Explorer
Explorer
Also look at this recent discussion
Cost RV Parks; Availability Dump Station, Water, & RV Parking
sue t.
Pictures from our many RV Adventures to Yukon & Alaska from Vancouver Island. Now we live in Yukon!

sue_t
Explorer
Explorer
Depends on what services you want.

Government campgrounds in Yukon, which are usually the most scenic, are only $12 per night with free firewood. No services though, other than the cleanest outhouses in the land and sometimes a hand pump for water.

In B.C. the gov't campgrounds are $16-$30 per night, with firewood costing extra.

In Yukon, commercial campgrounds will cost $20-$35 per night with electric, maybe water hook-up.

For Yukon RV parks, look here for more info
http://travelyukon.com/Plan/Accommodations/Camping-and-RV-Parks
sue t.
Pictures from our many RV Adventures to Yukon & Alaska from Vancouver Island. Now we live in Yukon!