cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

E. Shroudsburg, Pa. 78-33-80 for our c.g.?

nancyjerry
Explorer
Explorer
Going to Timothy Lakes Resort with Thousand Trails in early April.
Just wondering for our big rig, is taking 78 to 33 to 80 all good?
Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8

nancyjerry
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for all that info guys and gals!

Drbolasky
Explorer
Explorer
Agree with jfkmk, above. If you think you'll be passing through this area during morning or afternoon rush hour, avoid Rt. 22 and take I-78.

Doug, Linda, Audrey (USN) & Andrew

2008 Sequoia SR-5, 5.7 L, 2000 Coachmen Futura 2790TB Bunkhouse, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Reese W.D. Hitch/Dual Cam Sway Control, Prodigy Brake Controller, McKesh Mirrors
:B

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
The difference between 78 to 33 and 78 to 22 to 33 is that 78 is hillier but there is more traffic on 22, especially around the town of Whitehall. 78 is an interstate, 22 is just s local highway. With that being said, depending on the time if day, my preference is 22.

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
Did this 2 years ago and I am 65' total length, there are a lot of on & off ramps to deal with on 22 with very short lengths for merging if you want stay on 78 to 33 a little longer but not bad and depending on time of day a plus. The road after 209 ( I think) to the campground is very curvy so take your time.
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

ct1964ups
Explorer
Explorer
nancyjerry wrote:
Sorry, coming from the south in 40' plus tow.

we come that way most of the time.....actually we go 78 to 22 thru Allentown to 33..not bad ride at all to 80 then get off on rt 209 three or 4 exits and right up 209 to campground..Chuck
2017 Newmar Mountain Aire Seville on a Freightliner/2015 Granite Grand Cherokee Limited
2012 American Tradition Merlot>>SOLD
Keep The Rubber On The Road
GO NOLES

nancyjerry
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, coming from the south in 40' plus tow.

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
33 is a two lane (each way) road from 78 up to 80. Shouldn't be s problem. It gets "hilly" as you get north towards 80, but not terribly so. You should be ok unless you're terrified of a little hill and a few minor curves.

Greydennyhawk
Explorer
Explorer
From where? How big a rig?
Denny, Rosie and Josie the Beagle
2016 Allegro 36 LA
2016 Mazda 3