cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ferry across to CAMERON, LA

SLOtowngirl
Explorer
Explorer
Just wanted to check on taking our 34' Class A with tow dolly and car across the little ferry to Cameron, LA. Has anyone used this while driving west on highway 27?
6 REPLIES 6

SLOtowngirl
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, everyone. We did decide to do the ferry, though I think I'd skip it next time. We needed to unhook the car and dolly and do the crossing in 2 trips, so all in all, our 10 min river crossing took about 2 hours. The ride to Cameron was a pretty drive, but once we crossed over It was mostly oil refineries. Also the dip going from the ramp onto the ferry was so low the back of the RV was scraping, NOT good. Unless you're a smaller rig, I think I'd head up to I-10 just before Cameron.

Bosun
Explorer
Explorer
Just made this ferry crossing west bound in Dec 2016. No problems with my 30' MH. I can see it might be a challenge with such a large MH and toad. A smaller ferry was in service. Deckhand had me wait to go on last to park so that I was first off. We went on to have a beach side lunch at Holly Beach which is being rebuilt from total destrction from a couple of Hurricanes.

This is a good time of year to travel south Louisiana before mosquitoes are out! Enjoy!
Patrick
Semper Paratus

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
In general I would recommend driving the MH and toad onto/ off any ferry separately.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Newman
Different people have different interests. As an example birding. What you may not see or understand could very interesting for someone else.

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
I would not do it nothing there worth seeing

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
Their web site sez " limit 40 feet ". Goggle is your friend .