cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gas Stations From Long Island To George

longislandcampe
Explorer
Explorer
We are going from Long Island to the Lake George RV Park in a few weeks. This will be the furthest we have ever gone with the trailer and will be the first time we will ever have to get gas with the trailer so we're a little concerned about finding a proper fill up station.

We plan on taking the Tappan Zee and then 87N. Google says it's about 80 miles from home to the Tappan Zee and then about 180 miles from the Tapan Zee to the campground. By those estimates, I'm guessing we would fill up about 30-60 minutes after crossing the Tappan Zee. It's not so much that we would need gas at that point, we'd just like to stop about the midpoint on our trip for a little break. We'd like to walk around to stretch our legs, let the dog out, get gas and maybe have a donut or something.

Any suggestions on where to stop with the trailer about 30-60 minutes after crossing the bridge? We have a 28" trailer.
3 REPLIES 3

NY_RVer
Explorer
Explorer
Thruway is your best option for filling up with no problem. Can make it a comfortable break, even for the dogs. Was planning on going there myself next week...if I can ever get my TV back from Ford. Enjoy.
2016 Ram 3500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 SRW 6.7 Cummins
2014 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE
Reese Dual Cam

gcloss
Explorer
Explorer
There are plenty of options for fuel along the way including the rest stops on the NYS Thruway I87.

There is fuel available just off Airmont Rd exit in Suffern, but they tend to be high priced. After Suffern there is the first rest stop at Ramapo where it is very easy to fuel up with a trailer. After the Ramapo stop, the next places are at the I84 exit, then Plattekill Rest Stop and then New Paltz exit, Kinston exit and Saugerties exit.

I've been pulling a trailer to Lake George RV Park since 1981 and I've always found fuel at the Thruway exits without a problem.
2012 Ram 2500 Big Horn Crew Cab 8' box
5.7 Hemi, 4x4, 4.10
2015 Jayco Eagle 284BHBE

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mile 33 and Mile 65 both have rest areas on the thruway
Traveling with my best friend my wife!