cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

GPS In Mexico City

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
It really works and quite well. I worked there over the weekend and we used a GPS, Google Maps, and Waze. All three were right on.

From the airport to the hotel, the hotel to the event on Saturday, and then back to the airport. Times were right on also.

I thought it was interesting.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog
3 REPLIES 3

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
Not a car a big RV they can get stuck real quick in places trying to get to places, GPS instructions are notorious for taking the shortest route, and those some times are not meant to be driven even by cars, just letting people that use this devices that caution should be exercised and not rely on them as a given.

Common sense is thrown out the window when they get and use one and use it blindly.

navegator

Ozlander
Explorer
Explorer
navegator wrote:
Be very careful using the GPS there are some streets that have low overhang electric wires and some gas stations and streets also have very steep gradients, entering them will scrape if not hang RVs with long overhangs, there is one gas station near the house and a couple of Avenidas that I can not use with my 24 foot class C because of the entry angle of the road, and I have to navigate from one side of the street to the other to avoid wires and tree branches, before going use Google maps and see where you are going, some times you can click on a store or restaurant and see the street view for an idea of what it looks like.
navegator

What does that have to do with driving a car in Mexico City???
Ozlander

06 Yukon XL
2001 Trail-Lite 7253

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
Be very careful using the GPS there are some streets that have low overhang electric wires and some gas stations and streets also have very steep gradients, entering them will scrape if not hang RVs with long overhangs, there is one gas station near the house and a couple of Avenidas that I can not use with my 24 foot class C because of the entry angle of the road, and I have to navigate from one side of the street to the other to avoid wires and tree branches, before going use Google maps and see where you are going, some times you can click on a store or restaurant and see the street view for an idea of what it looks like.

navegator