cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Grand Haven Michigan SP

EddieZ
Explorer
Explorer
What is the best way to get to Grand Haven State Park ? I will be traveling North on 31 and know the turns are kind of tricky in this town. Pulling a 36 foot Fifth Wheel and it is our Memorial Day destination.
3 REPLIES 3

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
To answer your question:

At the intersection of Robbins Road and US 31 turn left onto Robbins Road. Drive about .4 mile and then turn right onto Sheldon Road. Drive for about .3 miles and then turn left (West) onto Grand Avenue. The road name will change to S. Harbor Drive. You will drive along the beach and then turn left into the State Park.

You can also drive through town but I think this way might be easier.
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

memgrove
Explorer
Explorer
You got a spot at Grand haven that accepts a 36 foot trailer? I hope you get there early it is a tight park to be that big in. We go in the off season to help with the congestion and still have concerns. Just take it slow, the location is worth it!
Mike
2006 Chevy 2500 4X4 crew cab Gasser
2013 Dutchmen Denali 311 BHS (Love the trailer HATE the manufacture!)

Randu
Explorer
Explorer
Watch for the state park signs and you went too far if you get to the drawbridge. I went there once with a 34' 5th and felt the park was way too tight for my comfort. Randu
2017 Chevy 3500HD SRW Crew LTZ
4x4,Duramax, Allison.
2017 Jayco North Point 381DLQS
Previous: 2000 Travel Supreme
2005 Newmar Kountry Star
2008 Mobile Suites 36TK3