cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Grand Manan Island NB

richardg40
Explorer
Explorer
Can anyone that has visited Grand Manan Island share there experience . Do you need a ferry reservation ? What campground did you stay at ? How long would you stay on the Island >>??

THanks for your help as we have never been there and are thinking about it .
7 REPLIES 7

richardg40
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the pics Kopit / I won't be able to convince my wife to stay near a cliff but I am sure they have other sites .

Little_Kopit
Explorer
Explorer
CueSee's photos:

Campsite

Swallowtail Light

Seal Cove or Whale Cove I forget

The harbour where the ferry docks

The Hole-in-the-Wall, where the cg gets its name

:B
& I, I took the road less travelled by.

My Photo Album, featuring Labrador 2006

CueSee
Explorer
Explorer
Check out Google because if you go there in August, there is the Ganong Chocolate Festival in St. Stephen and RV parking is right there and free
QueSee

http://coldjosh.nstemp.com/index.html

smildrum
Explorer
Explorer
Depending on when you plan on going you might want to make a reservation to get on the island-weekends and holidays see more traffic to and from..There is no getting off the island without one.
How long to stay?Up to you.
We've been going there for 10 years and love it.
If you want more info you can pm me

CueSee
Explorer
Explorer
We had no reservations for the ferry, slept near the pier upon arrival, had reservations for Hole-in-the-Wall cg...Cool pace. We have a small rig and were camped near the cliffs.

Will have pics posted.......
QueSee

http://coldjosh.nstemp.com/index.html

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at the P.P. and had a beautiful site with wonderful views across the water. We did a lot of cycling while on the island and general sight seeing. I think depending on your interests, 3 or 4 days is plenty to "do it all". We have been there a couple of times. The island is not big.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

Little_Kopit
Explorer
Explorer
I went in 2005.

I would make a reservation, just to cover the might happens.

I stayed at the provincial campground. There were two and room in both was fine.

Two deer farms. Loved them. Great museums and other places to show you what's special about this place in the middle of Bay of Fundy's World's highest tides.

Hope that THE Bakery is still on the go. It's easy to find because of the many vehicles stopping to buy.

Walking, boating, bird watching........

:B
& I, I took the road less travelled by.

My Photo Album, featuring Labrador 2006