cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP with I-10 Eastbound from Beaumont, TX to New Orleans

mikeleblanc413
Explorer
Explorer
I'm asking for some people I've just met at Village Creek State Park in Lumberton, Texas. They will be leaving Beaumont and going via I-10 to New Orleans. Although I have no first hand experience of the condition of the East bound side, I've heard it can challenge you. Especially Eastbound past Lafayette. If you have experience, please share with me so I can pass on to my new friends. THANKS!!!!!
Mike LeBlanc
The Piney Woods Of East Texas
Lufkin, Texas
3 REPLIES 3

Dannyabear1
Explorer
Explorer
Kemahsabe wrote:
Here's a recent thread on the same topic. Amazingly, some people say it's terrible while others (myself included) say there's no problem.

A few years back it was terrible, but it's been blacktopped since then and most of it is smooth as a baby's butt. I drove it two weeks ago and the only rough parts were the 15 miles between the swamp freeway and Lafayette, and a couple miles around Lake Charles.

You WILL get other opinions... :R

THIS is how it is today; tell them not to attempt to go thru BR between 3;30 and 6;00pm weekdays, it'll take 2 hours

Kemahsabe
Explorer
Explorer
Here's a recent thread on the same topic. Amazingly, some people say it's terrible while others (myself included) say there's no problem.

A few years back it was terrible, but it's been blacktopped since then and most of it is smooth as a baby's butt. I drove it two weeks ago and the only rough parts were the 15 miles between the swamp freeway and Lafayette, and a couple miles around Lake Charles.

You WILL get other opinions... :R

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
drove by there last summer and no issues. what was supposed to be the problem?
bumpy