cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HERMOSILLO RV PARK

rvmex
Explorer
Explorer
Just a note to let you know that the Hermosillo RV Park will be open we have 10 full hook-up back in spaces available and a RV Sign will be at the entrance....

In case of a late arrival, if gates are closed blow your horn and the night guard will open the gates for you...

LOCATION.....one mile south of the second over pass on your right as you come from Nogales to Hermosillo..

All coments will be appreciated.

Gracias........Fausto
14 REPLIES 14

Boise_John
Explorer
Explorer
I too am very sorry to read your post and know you keep it open just for the
convince and safety of the rvers coming through. We have always had a good experience and excellent hospitality there. Please reconsider, one bad experience in all the years regardless of who is at fault is a great record. Thanks for the good times

briansue
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry - should have been more clear - I was referring to the author of the original post who wanted in. Certainly anyone inside who was going to be locked in should have had a way out - but he was not the author of the original post.

tony_lee
Explorer
Explorer
briansue wrote:
the owner giving out the combination to the front gate.

Absolutely - I always tell every stranger who calls me on the phone where I hide the keys to my house - and my car - and why not throw in the safe deposit box too - and give out my credit card numbers while I'm at it.

Most combination locks can be changed to a different combination without having to buy a new lock.

In the end it wasn't a stranger wanting the combination, it was a valued customer who needed to get out and who shouldn't have been locked in in the first place.

Anyway, he obviously was looking for an excuse to shut the gates and that was good enough. His loss or gain and hardly worth having a discussion about.

Permex always just down the road. One we stopped at just on the southern fringe of the city was in the process of building a secure yard for trucks at the rear.
Tony
Lots of photos with comprehensive captions at MY PICASA Album
Spotwalla map of our travels - Our Travel map

iguana07
Explorer II
Explorer II
In this case I agree that Fausto should have given the combination He had a customer locked in. He could buy another combination lock. In my opinion he is right in closing if he can't afford to keep gates open when there is minimal clients. I know I sure wouldn't want to be locked in a park when I needed to leave
Chuck n Sandy
Roxy the Kelpie and Kiki the cat.

briansue
Explorer
Explorer
the owner giving out the combination to the front gate.

Absolutely - I always tell every stranger who calls me on the phone where I hide the keys to my house - and my car - and why not throw in the safe deposit box too - and give out my credit card numbers while I'm at it.

tony_lee
Explorer
Explorer

I arrived at about 2:30 p.m. yesterday and found the gates locked. I honked a few times and finally another RV'er came to the gate and told me all the workers had left and locked the gate. He and his wife were locked inside. I found a cell number for Fausto (the owner) and called him to see if we could get in. He told me the night watchman would be there "in a little while" and would unlock the gate. I asked how long that might be and he replied that the watchman gets there at 6:00 p.m. and would open the gate then. I said that was too long to wait in the 33C heat, plus the fellow inside needed to get out to go retrieve his truck from a shop where he had taken it for repairs. Again, he told me the watchman would be there at 6:00 p.m. and would open the gate then. I said I would find another place and hung up. Then the lady of the pair that were locked inside asked me for the cell number for Fausto. She called him and told him they were locked in and HAD to get out so they could go get their truck from the repair shop. After some back and forth, he gave her a combination to the gate lock that he said would "probably" work. It did not. At that point I left to drive to Edgar and Ana's at Santa Ana where I was greeted with open arms! I suspect it will be a fair amount of time before I ever bother to stop here again.

Seems to me a perfectly cool, calm and collected post about an actual situation that could have been solved merely by the owner giving out the combination to the front gate.
Tony
Lots of photos with comprehensive captions at MY PICASA Album
Spotwalla map of our travels - Our Travel map

rvmex
Explorer
Explorer
Moisheh...I do thank you very much and I'm very sorry too but had to do it, but this does not means that I will stop my work with the State Government to fight for a total open borders for tourist in the State of Sonora and I think we do have a very good chance with our Lady Governor Claudia Pavlovich so wish me luck.....

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Fausto: I am sorry to see that post. I know you have always been a supporter of RVing in Mexico.

Moisheh

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
duplicate post

rvmex
Explorer
Explorer
Hi to all RVérs.....a lot of you know me and I will not escuse my self on what hapen with this two RVer´s, unfortunally I was in a situation that I could not help and I´m sorry.

The RV Park business in Hermosillo gives me an income of $20.00 dollars a week or $80.00 dollars a month, as you can see it is not a good business at all.

I will try to remember you all that the only reason I re open the RV Park is because there is´nt any in Hermosillo and felt bad seeing RV´s parked at walmart or Pemex Stations with no Hook ups or security.

For the past 40 or more years I have had a service for any RVér coming this way but comments like the ones on this forum about me it just hurts, so in order not to give a bad service I have decided to CLOSE THE HERMOSILLO RV PARK PERMANENTLY....
To all RV´ers that gave me your attention I do thank you very much, and in case of an emergency try to contact me on my e-mail sonorarv@gmail.com

I WILL STILL OPEN FOR RV CARAVANS AND RV CLUBS OR GROUPS.

FAUSTO

Mountaineer42
Explorer
Explorer
rvmex wrote:
Just a note to let you know that the Hermosillo RV Park will be open we have 10 full hook-up back in spaces available and a RV Sign will be at the entrance....

In case of a late arrival, if gates are closed blow your horn and the night guard will open the gates for you...

LOCATION.....one mile south of the second over pass on your right as you come from Nogales to Hermosillo..

All coments will be appreciated.

Gracias........Fausto

I arrived at about 2:30 p.m. yesterday and found the gates locked. I honked a few times and finally another RV'er came to the gate and told me all the workers had left and locked the gate. He and his wife were locked inside. I found a cell number for Fausto (the owner) and called him to see if we could get in. He told me the night watchman would be there "in a little while" and would unlock the gate. I asked how long that might be and he replied that the watchman gets there at 6:00 p.m. and would open the gate then. I said that was too long to wait in the 33C heat, plus the fellow inside needed to get out to go retrieve his truck from a shop where he had taken it for repairs. Again, he told me the watchman would be there at 6:00 p.m. and would open the gate then. I said I would find another place and hung up. Then the lady of the pair that were locked inside asked me for the cell number for Fausto. She called him and told him they were locked in and HAD to get out so they could go get their truck from the repair shop. After some back and forth, he gave her a combination to the gate lock that he said would "probably" work. It did not. At that point I left to drive to Edgar and Ana's at Santa Ana where I was greeted with open arms! I suspect it will be a fair amount of time before I ever bother to stop here again.

rvmex
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Tequila, Yes you are welcome for your group and of course you can contact any group that is coming down, the fifth wheel belongs to a friend, that has it here for a few weeks an any one in need of any thing please let me know my e-mail is sonorarv@gmail.com I will be more than happy to help.....Muchas Gracias

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
I passed there today and noticed it looked in better shape. I saw one 5th wheel in there, I assume that may have been yours. I will be bringing about a 17 rig caravan in there on Jan 10th for a night, Fausto, if you want to mark your calendar. My Mex cell is 777-513-2739. We may not arrive til about 3 or 4, judging by the slowness at km 21 today. Now we know you are open we will use you. Are you interested in seeing if I can get you some French Canadian Caravan business in March? 2 of them are tending to exit via Nogales after doing Copper canyon.

coloradotallman
Explorer
Explorer
Gracias Fausto. We will be there about November 9-10. Pam and Randall