cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Highway 115 in Colorado

scot-to-rv
Explorer
Explorer
We are in Salida Co and are heading to Denver. Is highway 115 ok to drive on with 36 foot motorhome towing.
5 REPLIES 5

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
115 is a fine highway. And you will access it a Penrose CO. If you look for Primrose you will end up at I25 without ever seeing it.
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado

TexasShadow
Explorer II
Explorer II
115 up to Colorado Springs is good. Take Academy Blvd east to catch I 25.
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

scot-to-rv
Explorer
Explorer
Yes it's the highway out of Primrose near canon City thanx we will take it. Once had a guy tell us that Independence Pass wasn't bad and took it. Not mh worthy. Now we are a bit shy to try highways unless we check with rv forum.

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
If you are thinking of the 115 from near Canyon City to Colorado Springs,that is a fine route and you should have no problems. We have towed on that in both directions going to and coming from Cheyenne Mountain State Park.

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
scot-to-rv wrote:
We are in Salida Co and are heading to Denver. Is highway 115 ok to drive on with 36 foot motorhome towing.

Might check the route number - but I have never taken 115 out of Salida, you could run up 285 but IMHO it is not very scenic. I would recommend heading up to Leadville and then Taking 91 to I-70 then getting off at Exit 244 and taking Rt 6 into Golden, then 54 back to I-70 and Denver. Much prettier drive and if you had some time lots to see and do in the area, all along the route.

BOL,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach