cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hwy 150-39/Highland Scenic Highway/WV

BillyandKris
Explorer
Explorer
Trip planning. Want to tow a 30' fifth wheel camper from Marlinton, WV to Frankfort, OH. Google map shows to take Hwy 150-39/Highland Scenic Highway over to Hwy 19 at Summersville, WV and north to I-79 and then west. Know it is hilly and twisty. Photos look like good road surface. Has anyone towed this 61 miles? What was it like? I looked at going out of the way south and avoiding the toll road but it would be 85 miles longer. We're not real crazy about towing super twisty roads, but it's not a long distance. Advice appreciated. Thanks.
1 REPLY 1

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
I can only speak for the eastern half of your trip. I ran this last summer and yes the part that is not the Scenic Highway is twisty in places and considerable traffic. The Scenic Highway is easy as it stays pretty much at the highest elevation. I was really disappointed with the maintenance of the Scenic Highway although the road surface is good most of the way with a few bad spots. There is one place where one entire lane collapsed and the fix was warning signs that appeared to be there for years. There was little traffic and the scenery was OK, not as scenic as one would expect.

This weed patch is one lane of the road: