cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hwy 8 in Missouri

shadows4
Explorer III
Explorer III
Does anyone know how State Hwy 8 between I-44 and State Hwy 32 in Missouri is? I am trying to figure a route home from Hawn State Park to Kansas City. We will be there in a few weeks with some friends and I really dislike I-70. We will be going to to other State parks before we get to Hawn.

Thanks for any and all replies, John
2016 4X4 F350,CC,SB,Lariat,6.7L diesel,
2015 Coachmen Chapparal 324 TSRK
B&W Patriot 16K hitch.
3 REPLIES 3

shadows4
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks Paul thats excactly the kind of info I was looking for.:C
2016 4X4 F350,CC,SB,Lariat,6.7L diesel,
2015 Coachmen Chapparal 324 TSRK
B&W Patriot 16K hitch.

thegrindstaffs
Explorer
Explorer
I drive Hwy 8 a few times a month and have done it pulling our travel trailer as well. It has it's curves, not really any hills though. There is a shoulder on parts and roughly 3-4 long enough straightaways for people to pass. the part of hwy 8 I'm talking about is around 36 miles long from Potosi, MO to Steelville, MO. Let me know if you have any other questions. From Hawn, you'll go through Farmington and hit Hwy 67 (4 lane hwy) then take the Park Hills exit and drive through a town till you hit hwy 8. it's 4 lanes till Potosi, MO then goes to 2 lane until you hit Steelville. After that it's smooth sailing for another 15 miles to I-44

Iraqvet05
Explorer
Explorer
No personal experience with hwy 8 but if it's anything like the highways around Johnson Shut Ins (32 and 49), good luck. A lot of those highways in that area are windy and hilly with narrow roads with no shoulder. Your 7.3 will do better than my 6.0 gas in the grades. I hate 70 also. We took 50 to Jefferson City (2 lane hwy past Sedalia) then down 63 to Rolla. Watch your road signs down there...we missed our turn a few times.
2017 Ford F-250 6.2 gas
2018 Jayco 28BHBE

US Army veteran